Amazon Operations ManagerArlington, Virginia Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-848293
At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
Immediate Opening Incident Management Experience Required
$80000 - $120000 / year
One Shift Available: 2nd Shift 1400 - 2245
GSOC Shift Operations Manager
The Amazon Corporate Security “Global Security Operations Center” (GSOC) program is rapidly evolving; with multiple locations around the globe, meeting the dynamic needs of our corporate customers requires flexibility, bias for action, and wide-ranging skills. To further support this continuously growing enterprise, we seek Shift Operations Managers (SOMs) to manage teams in our Headquarters location in Arlington, VA. SOMs must excel in people management and providing senior-level direction for operational and tactical response to issues encountered by their teams on-shift in the GSOC, a dynamic, high-intensity environment. Successful candidates will have a proven track-record in three key areas: (1) managing diverse teams under pressure to achieve results while fostering a supportive, collaborative environment; (2) managing timely assessments of potential risks to the customer and overseeing immediate response to the satisfaction of stakeholders and/or in accordance with established policies and procedures; and (3) managing multiple priorities and concerns and escalating significant issues to senior-level management as necessary.
Department: Amazon Corporate Security
Location: Arlington, VA
Employment Type: Full Time
The Operations Manager will serve as the senior vendor representative on-shift at Amazon Corporate Security's GSOCs, and thus responsible for the overall response to issues that arise on-shift as well as the day-to-day management of assigned personnel. The shifts are structured with a SOM, who directly manages multiple Supervisors. The Supervisors in turn manage multiple Lead Operators and Operators.
Currently recruiting for one (1) full-time contracted position in Crystal City/National Landing in Arlington VA, with additional openings expected in the future.
Essential Functions -
- Provide strategic direction and hands-on guidance to Supervisors and other team members to manage all activities and emerging issues that occur on-shift, including physical security, safety, and business continuity events.
- Respond to escalations and provide direct assistance/communications to stakeholders, including field-based security specialists, site security facilitators, and facilities managers as required.
- Utilize professional judgement to assess immediate risks to the safety and security of customers; provide timely communications to customers about those risks when needed.
- Lead initial crisis management functions in response to breaking events and works with regional crisis leads for incident escalation and handover.
- Provide exemplary customer service to the client and those requiring GSOC support or services; assist subordinates to reach similar level of customer service-related excellence.
- Escalate issues as required to more senior-level management and/or client.
- Provide oversight and quality assurance for all tasks completed on assigned shifts, including final product review and approval prior to dissemination.
- Monitor and track metrics and key performance indicators for biweekly and quarterly review as required by the client contract.
- Serve as line manager to on-shift Supervisors and skip-level manager to their subordinates.
- Ensure appropriate staffing coverage and alignment of responsibilities.
- Provide direct support and engagement to help subordinates reach their performance potential within assigned roles and meet broader professional development goals.
- Manage performance- or behavior-related staff concerns and issues in accordance with company policies.
Strategic Vision and Continuous Improvement
- Serve as a senior-level contributor to strategic discussions about the direction of the global program and programmatic evolutions that expand and improve GSOC services and customer experience.
- Contribute to the development and/or maintenance of policies and procedures impacting GSOC efficacy.
- Support efforts to identify new technologies and business processes to improve overall GSOC efficiency. Manage operational implementation of technology and process changes in accordance with approved change management plans.
- Facilitate scheduling to ensure all critical posts are filled and billed in accordance to the work order.
- Conduct initial invoice review and correct errors prior to invoice submission.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree.
- Five (5) years’ experience in a high-intensity, high-volume environment, such as a Security Operations Center, Crisis Management/Response Center, or Customer Call Center.
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a direct manager-of-record to diverse, cross-functional teams filling junior and junior-mid-level roles in an organizational hierarchy. Management experience must include direct, simultaneous oversight of at least ten (10) subordinates.
- Excellent oral communications skills, with proven comfort engaging directly with client and other customers.
- Excellent written communications skills, to include editing final products for business leader and customer consumption.
- Experience gathering and analyzing data to create metrics that support positive change and continuous improvement recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage change and conflict.
- Proven confidence and effectiveness managing high-intensity, dynamic situations.
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities and reprioritize according to situation or client expectations.
- Professional judgement to escalate issues requiring senior-level management support and response.
- Demonstrated comfort with technology, with ability to quickly navigate and oversee the use of multiple systems and applications.
- Ability to maintain situational awareness of multiple systems and applications simultaneously.
- Strong business acuity, enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
Preferred Qualifications (In addition or in lieu of related Basic Qualifications)
- Master’s degree and/or Bachelor’s/Associate’s degree with professional certifications related to crisis management, project management, business continuity, Lean/Six Sigma principles, or in related fields.
- Eight (8) or more years’ experience in a high-intensity, high-volume environment, such as a Security Operations Center, Crisis Management/Response Center, or Customer Call Center.
- Demonstrated effectiveness and driver of excellence as manager-of-record to diverse, cross-functional teams that includes direct, simultaneous oversight of at least 20 subordinates, including mid-level managers.
- Demonstrated experience and proven abilities to manage cross-functional teams in high-intensity, high-pressure environments or situations.
- Demonstrated experience and proven abilities to lead overall crisis response or elements of crisis response efforts that involve life-safety or other risk to company or customer.
- Noteworthy emotional intelligence, as demonstrated through leadership and management skills and activities, such as mentoring and/or proactively identifying customer needs before they are articulated or articulable.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements, skills, and standards required to perform essential job functions.