Technical Project CoordinatorArlington, Virginia Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2021-615618
At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
Full Time $70,000/Year
Techinical Project Coordinator
The Technical Project Coordinator (TPC) role will serve as the point of contact for local support and guidance related to software, hardware, and information management. The TPC will be involved with assisting in data standardization and maintenance, as well as the coordination of software programs and computing assets for the security team. The position is full-time, contracted, located in Arlington, Virginia.
Job Title: Technical Project Coordinator
Department: Amazon Corporate Security
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Employment Type: Full Time
- Operate under the guidance of the Technical Project Manager and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the ACS Tech team.
- Serve as point of escalation for technology troubleshooting and support at the local operations center.
- Provide guidance and direction to other local technology support personnel.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for remote technology troubleshooting and support for other operations centers globally.
- Coordinate and maintain the physical inventory of computing assets and peripherals for the operations center.
- Conduct process review to identify improvements, develop improvements with stakeholders and staff, and enact them as directed.
- Research and design actionable strategies for team toolset utility and exploitation, including the consideration of and onboarding of other programs and tools.
- Interact and collaborate with vendors and stakeholders to ensure the toolset is meeting the needs of the operations center.
- Must be willing and able to occasionally work odd hours as needed to support a 24x7 operations center
- Must be willing and able to participate in a 24x7 on-call weekly rotation
- Must be willing and able to perform troubleshooting and support assignments, both in person and remotely, as needed
An ideal candidate should have:
- At least two (2) years of experience in a tech support or project management role
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Superior proficiency with Windows-based computers
- Strong competency with the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Strong technical acumen, with the ability to learn and manage multiple disparate programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Exemplary critical thinking, analytical skills, and judgment
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and making decisions based on organizational priorities and emergent need as opposed to direct permission/approval
- Preferable additional qualifications include familiarity with any of the following:
- Outlook / Exchange administration
- SharePoint administrations
- Lenel or similar access management systems
- AWS services, including Connect, S3, Redshift, etc
- Data visualization tools, i.e. Tableau or Einstein Analytics
- D3 or other incident reporting / case management tools
- Salesforce, ServiceNow, Zendesk or other ticketing / CRM tools
- CNL, G4S, or other PSIM tools
- PowerDMS or similar document management systems