Associate CounselAtlanta, Georgia Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2021-630063
At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
Allied Universal is seeking an Associate Counsel – Labor and Employment to support the Legal Services Group and various lines of business within the organization. This team member will office in Atlanta, GA.
- Develop and assist in improving the Company’s internal processes for promoting and ensuring compliance with labor and employment laws, including wage and hour laws and regulations.
- Aid in developing Company labor and employment compliance strategies.
- Draft Company labor and employment policies.
- Help identify potential areas of vulnerability and risk in key employment law areas; develop and implement action plans for resolution of problematic issues; and provide general guidance on how to avoid or address similar situations in the future.
- Develop and deliver training on various labor and employment compliance topics and provide regular updates on legal developments to relevant organizational leaders.
- Handle and/or oversee Department of Labor and other agency audits to successful conclusion.
- Coordinate strategy with, and support, outside counsel with regard to compliance issues for government investigations, legal claims and employment law compliance.
- Counsel and advise Human Resources and field personnel on daily wage and hour/compliance issues.
- Drive Company initiatives to completion.
- Lead conference calls and meetings with Company employees and/or outside counsel regarding employment law issues.
- Occasional travel to attend meetings, mediations, court conferences, deliver live training programs, etc.
- Perform other duties as needed to support Labor and Employment legal function.
- Juris doctorate degree
- Experience as a labor and employment lawyer a plus but not required
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with a large number of diverse internal groups, including all levels of employees, in-house legal counsel, external legal counsel, customers, government agency officials, consultants and vendors
- Strong organizational, analytical and writing skills, including attention to detail and a self-driven problem-solving mindset
- Ability to work independently, as well as in team situations
- High integrity, strong work ethic, customer-centric and able to handle multiple, simultaneous projects with enthusiasm and attention to detail
- Ability to drive deliverables and influence both internal and external customers in a team setting