AUTS - Security Technician I-SPAtlanta, Georgia Position Type Full Time Shift Type Morning Req ID: 2021-618715 Work Days Available Monday - Friday
Allied Universal is looking to hire an Installation Technician. The Installation Technician I will perform installations of electronic control systems which may include door access control, CCTV, intrusion detection, low voltage communication and fire alarm systems including cable management, electronic locks, point sensors, signaling devices and associated hardware.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Run electrical wiring in a crawl spaces; related activities to include drilling, trenching, and aerial runs.
- Responsible for the connection of field devices and wire concealment.
- Under the direction of a Tech III or Project Manager, complete all wiring, connections, and equipment installations ensuring that systems are complete and operational according to contract requirements.
- Under the direction of a Tech III or Project Manager, test new system installations to ensure that they are functioning properly and that they meet local, county, state, and/or federal codes and any licensing and/or insurance requirements.
- Complete miscellaneous tasks as assigned such as job-site clean-up
- Overnight travel may be required on an as-need basis.
Knowledge and Skills
- High School Degree, Vocational School or equivalent is required
- 0 to 2 years of experience in the physical security, fire alarm or low voltage communication industry installing field devices
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Strong troubleshooting skills and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to obtain proper state licensing once hired (Low Voltage D license, Alarm Installer Lic. etc.)
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Ability to complete time entry from home on a daily basis via the Internet