Business Intelligence Manager
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Professional Security Officers and today hold positions on our senior leadership team.
- Full Time
- JOB LEVEL: Mid-Level
- Travel: No
ResponsibilitiesBusiness Intelligence Manager Position Type Full Time Req ID 2020-432213
Allied Universal is looking to hire a Business Intelligence Manager.
Senior Process & Data Analyst - Provides both technical and analytical support to drive performance improvement through improved end-to-end process design and management. Produces quantitative results & data visualization to drive productivity improvements and reduce non-value-added steps and expenses. Individual task ownership as assigned. Responsible for creating, guiding and implementing client requested and assigned functional programs related to client operations including but not limited to conducting data and intelligence analyses, automating technical and business processes, overseeing the successful accomplishment of project tasks, and developing key reporting standards. This position executes company initiatives and other project functions as desired by the client. This position reports directly to the VP of National Accounts, located in Boston Massachusetts and operates at a strategic level for the client development projects. Attention to detail with error free work product necessary.
- Ability to execute specific methodology and tools in support of strategies and initiatives projects and engagement activities (LEAN, Six Sigma, A3). Provides diagnostic support, data analysis and insight development related to the application of Lean. Designs and develops data gathering tools and methods to gather and analyze data needed for project requirements. Tracks and creates reports on project milestones and critical path tasks. Prepares preliminary interpretations of analysis for project teams and senior management.
- Knows how to use and obtain data from workflow tools, data warehouses, etc. and is comfortable with statistical concepts such as distribution theories, general probability theory, correlations, etc. Cost benefit analysis, ROI to help deliver the most value to the organization. Able to identify dependencies within project tasks, manage milestones, keeps assignments timely and accurate. Provides presentations and briefing of stakeholders as lead on project teams. Establishes procedures for creating and maintaining multiple and/or critical applications. Ensures seamless operation of all assigned software applications by completing preventative maintenance requirements, troubleshooting malfunctions, and placing necessary service requests. Evaluates new software applications and techniques. Defines success factors for potential applications or systems.
- Partners with a senior member of the Client organization to deliver results as part of broader execution team. Facilitates meetings, content and achievement of defined objectives. Continuously drives and shares skills and knowledge for mutual development through meetings, reading/research, best practice sharing. Communicates to Clients and stakeholders, on results of analytics, relevant findings, opportunities, etc. Plays an active leadership role in assessments and processes in the preparation of deliverables.
- Provide Client's security team and its strategies and initiatives function with analysis, research and work products as requested. Attend Client meetings and respond to emails and voicemails during scheduled times. Lead specific projects, tasks, meetings, data improvement, automation and other initiatives as agreed with Client. Advise Client on technical, process, and other related subjects based on experience and research.
- Communicate progress on agreed work deliverables on a regular basis, ensuring any delays are communicated well ahead of deadlines. Utilizes tools, techniques and practices for identifying and validating business intelligence data. Ensures the accessibility and security of databases and their records by designing and implementing appropriate access control lists and permission levels. Conducts, documents, and communicates basic reviews and walkthroughs.
- Assist with compliance, reporting and automated dashboards, overall strategy and support for specific client programs including, client assurance, third party risk, self-service and automation, workflow documentation, analysis and performance.
- Related assignments as requested and agreed with Client.
- Utilizes data gathering tools and methods to analyze and gather data needed for project requirements.
- Tracks and reports on project milestones and critical path tasks.
- Prepares preliminary interpretations of analyses for project teams and client senior management.
- Provides presentations and briefings to stakeholders on behalf of project teams.
- Establishes procedures for creating and maintaining multiple or critical applications.
- Ensures operation of software applications by completing preventive maintenance requirements, troubleshooting malfunctions, and placing service requests.
- Evaluates new software applications and techniques.
- Defines success factors for potential applications or systems.
- Plays an active leadership role in assessment processes the preparation of deliverables.
- Utilizes tools, techniques and practices for identifying and validating business intelligence data.
- Creates and distributes technical documents and job aids to end users.
- Interacts with client senior managers, vice-presidents, senior vice-presidents, vendors, and other personnel.
- Actively contributes within diverse and multi-functional teams.
- Provides technical support for managed applications both during and outside of regular business hours.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, and participating in professional associations.
- Remain current on applicable professional certifications and licensing requirements.
- Conducts travel to client sites as required.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- BS/BA degree in IT or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in a related field
- Certifications: Six Sigma and LEAN Certified
What makes a successful Professional Security Officer at Allied Universal?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Trust Worthy
- Team Player
- Quick Thinking
- OUR CORE VALUES MAKE US PHENOMENAL. Efficient & Effective, Obsessively Focused on Results, Client Focused, Nimble, Fast and Responsive, United as a Team
- Our shared sense of duty to our customers and to one another, a dedication to a customer experience that is an industry standard
- Our relationships are at the heart of everything we do, each and every day.
Allied Universal offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
Regional Vice President
Director of Operations
Professional Security Officer
"There is a mission, philanthropy, that we stand for… we do exciting and fulfilling work that protects people and assets, and that feels good"
From the time our Professional Security Guards are hired, Generally, excluding some clients and unions, employees are eligible for health and welfare benefits 1st of month following 60 days of employment. For 401(k) eligibility employees are eligible after 6 months of service.”
Service Anniversary Bonus
401k Retirement Plan
Company-Paid Life Insurance
Recognition & Rewards Programs
Employee Assistance Programs
Employee Discount Program
Tuition Discount Program
Training & Career Development Programs