GSOC Intelligence SpecialistBryn Mawr, Pennsylvania Position Type Full Time Shift Type Afternoon,Evening,Morning,Overnight Req ID: 2023-952404 Work Days Available Monday - Friday,Saturday - Sunday
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Allied Universal is Now Hiring FULL - TIME Situational Awareness Analyst - GSOC
$24 - $28 Per Hour Starting Pay!
Weekly Pay! - As Well As a Work Today, Get paid Tomorrow Option!
Join the World's Leading Global Security Company!
Excellent Career Advancement Opportunities!
Paid Orientation, Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k for Full - Time!
Allied Universal® is hiring a GSOC Intelligence Specialist. The Intelligence Specialist must use the full range of intelligence community sources and products to identify/assess threats to the organization/sector, prepare studies and assessments of threats, potential threats, and threat-related trends using sophisticated collection/research methodologies, and work with customized targeting infrastructure to identify vulnerabilities. The Intelligence Specialist works closely with open-source intelligence, grey literature, law enforcement, and social media. Specialist should be able to compile all- source data from multiple databases and source repositories to develop representations of areas of interest or specific locations related to a target or subject of study. Additionally, The Intelligence Specialist must contribute to analytical intelligence reports, graphics, and briefings and develop and present all-source analysis products. Products will be generated in response to requests for information or by initiative.
The Situational Awareness Analyst – Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) will support the real-time, 24-7 monitoring, assessment, and early warning alerting of external physical security threats, in order to provide actionable insights to manage immediate impacts to business operations.
Duties include, but are not limited to: identifying and assessing physical security threats globally with the potential to impact the safety and security of our client’s corporate critical infrastructure (personnel, facilities and assets, business operations, and reputation); performing open-source research in support of alerting; producing concise and timely alerts to inform realtime response to manage impacts to facilities, employees, and assets; and working effectively
within a global physical security department in large, multinational organization.
In support of their role, the successful candidate is expected to maintain and build awareness and understanding of and have an interest in current physical security issues and trends. A curious and inquisitive outlook is essential, as is a desire for continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Under minimal supervision, and at times under stressful conditions, support the physical
security department’s real-time threat detection capability globally.
• Monitor real-time physical security threats which have the potential to impact our client’s
corporate critical infrastructure (personnel, facilities and assets, business operations, and
reputation). These threats include but are not limited to crime (gun violence, aggravated
assault, etc.), terrorism, protests, as well natural disasters and other hazards.
• Undertake research, using open-source and internal resources, to validate the credibility
of threat information.
• Write high-quality, clear, and timely alerts to support counter-measures that reduce the
threats to the organization – people, facilities, or assets.
• Conduct location-based searches in response to identified security incidents, and support
requests for security incident information based on internal tasking.
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and be able to produce concise,
factual alerts that enable decision-making and action within the organization’s physical
• Be accountable for personal daily tasks, from start to completion, and apply strong data
entry skills in maintaining accurate records of individual and team activities.
• Follow all procedures and processes associated with the role, as defined by the GSOC
• Provide a high level of service to the physical security department.
• Maintain a conscientious and proactive approach to work to achieve excellent standards.
• Work within the GSOC in shift patterns as required (10-hour shifts).
• 100% on-site position (no remote / flex working)
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, LICENSES & CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
• Minimum of six months experience supporting threat monitoring and alerting.
Demonstrate an understanding of travel security, crisis management, and other areas of
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, where you will need to prioritize
• Proven knowledge and ability to carry out all-source monitoring, which requires the use
of in-house risk intelligence platforms, external sources, and open-source research
techniques to identify and verify security threats and incidents in real-time.
• Proficiency with Emergency Mass Notification Systems (EMNS) related to security
incidents and threat reporting.
• Demonstrate critical thinking skills to collect, evaluate, and draw logical and actionable
conclusions from information.
• Demonstrate effective communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively
disseminate intelligence related to threats and incidents in crisis conditions and engage
effectively with multiple stakeholders at various levels within a corporation.
• Familiar with a wide variety of web browsers and Microsoft Office Suite tools (Teams,
Outlook, Excel, SharePoint).
• Adept at learning new technologies, tools, and applications (including the ability to adjust
to changes or upgrades in software utilization) in fulfillment of duties.
• Strong cultural awareness, and ability to work within a muti-cultural organization.
PREFERRED / DESIRABLE
• Minimum of two years’ experience of working within a security environment similar to that
of a GSOC.
• Bachelor’s Degree in political science, criminal justice, or another related field.
• Experience working of working for global organizations, where colleagues may be working
remotely and/or across different time zones.
• Basic knowledge of some technical elements associated with security technology systems
such as IP networks, servers, LAN/WAN.
• Basic working knowledge of data privacy policies and the awareness of need to protect
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and respond to incidents, particularly in
• Ability to pass background verification.
• Comprehensive English language, written and spoken; any second languages are highly
• Evidence of continuous professional development (CPD)
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.