Security Officer Operations Center (SOC) Financial Institution
Buffalo, New York
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Professional Security Officers and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. In fact, over 65% of our managerial positions are filled by internal candidates.
- Full Time
- JOB LEVEL: Mid-Level
- Travel: No
What makes a successful Professional Security Officer at Allied Universal?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Trust Worthy
- Team Player
- Quick Thinking
- OUR CORE VALUES MAKE US PHENOMENAL. Efficient & Effective, Obsessively Focused on Results, Client Focused, Nimble, Fast and Responsive, United as a Team
- Our shared sense of duty to our customers and to one another, a dedication to a customer experience that is an industry standard
- Our relationships are at the heart of everything we do, each and every day.
Allied Universal offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
Regional Vice President
Director of Operations
Professional Security Officer
"There is a mission, philanthropy, that we stand for… we do exciting and fulfilling work that protects people and assets, and that feels good"
From the time our Professional Security Guards are hired, Generally, excluding some clients and unions, employees are eligible for health and welfare benefits 1st of month following 60 days of employment. For 401(k) eligibility employees are eligible after 6 months of service.”
Service Anniversary Bonus
401k Retirement Plan
Company-Paid Life Insurance
Recognition & Rewards Programs
Employee Assistance Programs
Employee Discount Program
Tuition Discount Program
Training & Career Development Programs
ResponsibilitiesSecurity Officer Operations Center (SOC) Financial Institution Position Type Full Time Shift Type Afternoon,Evening,Morning,Overnight Req ID 2020-425135 Work Days Available Friday,Monday,Saturday,Sunday,Thursday,Tuesday,Wednesday
Allied Universal is currently seeking Full Time
Professional Security Operations Center Officers
to help oversee operations at a
Financial Institution in Buffalo, NY
Employee referral program
Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k
Ideal candidate should possess the following:
Exceptional customer service provider
Great communication skills, both written and verbal
Candidate should be comfortable using both computers and tablets
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a Professional Security Operations Center (SOC) Security Officer.
Professional Security Operations Center Officer (SOC) is very important to the safety and security of our clients’ facilities. Our professional SOC officers allow us to accomplish our company’s core purpose, which is “to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities”. The SOC security officer will be a key contributor to the security operations team in the event of a crisis situation that would threaten the safe and secure business operations. This could include, but is not limited to: natural disasters, workplace violence, facility emergencies, fire and issues of serious injury or illness. Professional Security Operations Center Officer positions require heavy use of computer operating systems, such as Microsoft and other operating systems.
The Professional SOC Security Officer may be asked to perform many essential functions at the facility where they work. Although not an exhaustive list, these are a few of them:
- Ensures that the facility is provided with high-quality security services to protect people and property
- Communicates effectively with the security and safety teams at the facility to assure business continuity
- Builds, improves and maintains effective relationships with both client employees and guests
- Answers phones, greets guests and employees
- Monitors closed circuit television systems and alarms
- Monitors and operates facility computers systems regularly, as assigned
- Remains flexible to ever changing environment; adapts well to different situations
- Reports safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing
- Handles security issues or emergency situations appropriately. Contacts Emergency Services, such as EMT, Fire Dept., etc.
- Fully embraces security/safety training programs to enhance their ability to advance in their careers
- Participates in industry specific security/safety training programs to offer our clients the best trained officers at their sites
- Maintains awareness of and familiarity with the site-specific operations performance manual and post orders
Qualified applicants for the SOC Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 18 years of age
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard;
- Neat and professional appearance
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.