DOT - Administrative Support AssistantBurbank, California Position Type Full Time Shift Type Afternoon,Morning Req ID: 2021-632519 Work Days Available Monday - Friday
At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
The Administrative Assistant performs administrative and office support activities for multiple locations. Duties include fielding telephone calls, filing, payroll processing, accounts payable processing, purchasing equipment and uniforms, ordering, and delivery. This position will also complete other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Relieve management of administrative detail; coordinate workflow; update and change delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines; take initiative in manager’s absence; keep projects on schedule
- Compose correspondence/reports for manager’s signature; coordinate travel and lodging accommodations for staff, as requested
- Process all payroll and time and attendance reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain files and records following AUS policy and procedures and contract requirements
- Handle the ordering of equipment and uniforms and track delivery
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties or responsibilities that may typically be assigned to this position include but are not limited to:
- Determining which calls should be directed immediately to management
- Scheduling and/or rescheduling conference calls
- Determine and prioritize workload as necessary to fully support project
- Make recommendations for productivity and process improvement
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years administrative experience in a diverse business environment
- Work history demonstrating the following:
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to work independently with minimum oversight
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and/or Google applications
- Strong knowledge of office operations (payroll, payables and filing)
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
- The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and must be able to drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. May be required to climb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites.
- The job is generally performed in an office setting; however, during site visits the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for short periods of time.
- The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of the shift.
- The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively manage multiple employees with diverse personalities and engage them to perform at optimum levels.
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
Allied Universal® provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to people and businesses within our local communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com. We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.