Operations Support AssistantBurbank, California Position Type Full Time Shift Type Afternoon,Evening,Overnight Req ID: 2022-772396 Work Days Available Friday,Saturday,Thursday,Tuesday,Wednesday
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
The specific department seeking a great candidate to assist in scheduling and administration for, Premieres, Anti-Piracy (content protection), and events for major studio clientele. We are a 24/7 X 365-day operation, staffed with personnel that is ready to assist with all our client’s needs across the U.S. and Canadian marketplaces. Our business unit is in need of a couple of great additions to our team. Candidates should be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, shows initiative as an independent, and is team contributor. Are you the one?
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to Operations Managers, District Managers, and/or Account Managers by handling scheduling, billing/invoice preparation, tracking contractual compliance requirements, preparing reports, and preparing presentations for clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Uses WinTeam for scheduling, billing, and producing reports, such as Scheduling Activity, Invoice Aging by Tiers, Training Summary, and Training Detail reports, that require interpretation and action for effective business management.
- Meets all contractually required hours for each site assigned to Managers. Schedules employees to work at the sites where openings exist.
- Performs site audits using Operational Audit Standards as a guide.
- Tracks and communicates contractual requirements to the management team.
- Produces weekly and bi-weekly billing packages.
- Regularly adjusts the schedule to complete off hours inspections at various client sites (approx. 1-2 days per week).
- Assist with Security Officer training as needed.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties or responsibilities that may typically be assigned to this position include but are not limited to:
- Print/store SARs, invoices, HBC reports, etc.
- Responsible for document retention and archiving processes.
- Updates SITE List weekly.
- Supports orientation and training of new management or support personnel on compliance and billing processes.
- Submits uniform orders to the uniform department (as appropriate) for managers and conducts seasonal uniform changeover.
- Identifies equipment utilized at the account, including vehicles, and maintains appropriate shift inventories and maintenance checklists and follow-ups.
- Assists in the development of and helps to maintain safety programs outlining site specific hazards for security officers, including vehicle safety, driving safety, and slip and fall hazards.
- Takes part in off-site visits and provides documentation required by Manager.
- Interacts effectively with all levels of the organization to identify, analyze, solve problems, and create opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information and data.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent GED) is required with previous administrative experience.
- At least 2 years of previous experience in the security industry is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
- The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and must be able to drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. May be required to climb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites.
- The job is generally performed in an office setting; however, during site visits the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for short periods of time.
- The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of the shift.
- The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively manage multiple employees with diverse personalities and engage them to perform at optimum levels.
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.