Security Operations & Intelligence Center OperatorCambridge, Massachusetts Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2023-1020451
Allied Universal® Executive Protection and Intelligence Services, North America’s leading specialized protection company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401(k), employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for most full-time positions!
Allied Universal Executive Protection and Intelligence Services is looking for multiple Cambridge based CCTV, Alarm Monitoring and Dispatch specialist positions for a Security Operations & Intelligence Center (SOIC) in Cambridge, MA. This position is a full-time position with 12-hour shifts available to cover the center 24/7 to include holidays. Rotation will be 4 days on followed by 4 consecutive days off. The Level 1 Operator will monitor several screens observing cameras (CCTV) and alarms, monitor access control, gather information, analyze data and provide input on all observations. The Operator must be able to observe and recognize patterns of activity and coordinate or dispatch appropriate security monitoring measures and response teams. The Level 1 Operator should be a security professional who has a passion for observation and analysis, problem-solving and advising decision makers. Must be able to maintain a positive attitude and articulate their thoughts, both verbally and written, in a clear, concise and respectable manner during normal day-to-day operations and times of increased frustration and stress.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Monitor CCTVs, alarm system and monitor access control for the property – Must have previous experience using CCTV and alarm monitoring/access control software in coordination with a communication or security operations center.
- Dispatch security response teams when needed.
- Maintain daily logs of activities from security cameras and security teams.
- Communicate verbally and written in clear way during high-stress situations.
- Must be able to produce suspicious/criminal activity and incident reporting products for delivery to higher level supervisors and client leadership.
- Be able to observe and recognize patterns of activity and coordinate appropriate security monitoring and response.
- Make every effort, through observations and documentation, to identify potential threats to the client’s corporate critical infrastructure: people, facilities, assets and brand/reputation.
- Maintain a log of all rotating shifts’ activities including notifications from security partners.
- Understand the operation of all communications and information technology hardware, software and firmware utilized to perform security monitoring functions.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a security environment or dispatch center
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Previous Military, Law Enforcement, Government or Private Security in preferred
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts on days, nights, weekends and holidays
Compensation, Benefits & Perks:
$25 per hour
Allied Universal® Executive Protection and Intelligence Services offers industry leading benefits, which are available to all full-time employees:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Free employee life insurance
- Paid holidays and flexible PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Great company culture and work/life balance
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.