Accounts Payable SpecialistCarrollton, Texas Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-832717
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Allied Universal is looking to hire an Accounts Payable Specialist. This position is responsible for timely and accurate transaction recording throughout the entire accounts payable process. This role will be required to audit and process all vendor invoices, requests for payments, and expense reports, ensuring compliance with company policy, as well as all local, state, and federal tax requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Audit incoming Non PO vendor invoices within the Verian work-flow system.
- Audit and process PO related invoices within the Verian PO system.
- Audit incoming Check Requests within the Verian work-flow system.
- Enter any incoming vendor invoices noted “billable to the client” into WinTeam billing module.
- Daily audit of expense reports per the company Travel and Entertainment Policy.
- Monitor, complete audit, and process all Courier work-flow programs for Security Professional reimbursement requests.
- General Ledger coding and posting through data entry into financial system.
- Provide problem resolution for automated expense report users.
- Backup for expense report program reconciliation and export into WinTeam.
- Respond to inquiries from employees, vendors, and internal customers.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent GED) is required; Preferred two-year degree or professional certification highly desired, or work experience equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of administrative experience in a fast-paced organization required; 2-3 years of experience working in Accounts Payable highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Current state driver’s license, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), minimum level of insurance as required by Company policy, and ability to safely operate a vehicle required.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.