ControllerCarrollton, Texas Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-799443
When you join Allied Universal® Technology Services, you are joining one of the fastest growing security systems integrators in North America. Build your career within a fast-paced, dynamic, and diverse environment that combines leading-edge technology solutions - electronic access control, video surveillance, alarm monitoring, emergency communications, robotics, drones, and other smart tech innovative solutions - with physical security solutions to safeguard our clients and our communities.
Allied Universal Technology Services is hiring a Corporate Controller. The Controller is responsible for the overall management of all accounting systems, policies and practices for the $400M, growing Technology Services division owned by Allied Universal. The Controller will manage a team of employees responsible for the Technology Services’ Division accounting practices including general ledger, AR, AP, bookings desk, and contract administration. This position is expected to communicate at all levels of the organization, including having dialogue with Senior Finance personnel at Allied Universal monthly. The position reports directly to the Division CFO.
- Develops accounting organizational strategies by contributing accounting and financial information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishes functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Accurately and timely manage the company’s monthly close process for the Allied Universal Technology Services business unit by working with corporate resources and driving efficiency and standardization in the accounting group.
- Manages the AP functions and provides oversight to the A/R and Billing Manager
- Oversees cost and revenue accruals and deferrals.
- Manages cash position including status of billings and collections, bank reconciliations, and all banking and treasury matters.
- Provide support and be heavily involved in company performance discussions.
- Oversees and ensures proper accounting for overhead charges and allocations, customer financing, and all adjustments and reclassifications.
- Oversees and provides support for internal and external audits.
- Closely monitors key metrics (DSO, DPO, Net Billings, Invoice Volume) and communicates with senior leadership on status of the accounting operation.
- Serves as a liaison to newly acquired entities to facilitate the integration of legacy systems into the consolidated shared services model.
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion of company’s financial audit requests from the parent company (Allied Universal) and serves as the key point of contact representing AUTS with Allied Universal’s external auditors.
- Designs and maintains ad hoc reporting as needed by the organization.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by CFO / CAO
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field and a CPA
- At least 7 years of experience in roles of increasing responsibility in accounting and finance
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Experience leading and coaching a team
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage competing deadlines.
- Professional, articulate, and able to use excellent independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.
- Percentage-of-completion revenue recognition experience
- M&A and SAP experience
- MSc or MBA
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.