Payroll and Compensation ManagerCarrollton, Texas Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-765680
When you join Allied Universal® Technology Services, you are joining one of the fastest growing security systems integrators in North America. Build your career within a fast-paced, dynamic, and diverse environment that combines leading-edge technology solutions - electronic access control, video surveillance, alarm monitoring, emergency communications, robotics, drones, and other smart tech innovative solutions - with physical security solutions to safeguard our clients and our communities.
Allied Universal Technology Services is hiring a Payroll and Compensation Manager in Carrollton, TX for the $400M, growing Technology Services division owned by Allied Universal. The Manager is responsible for managing the company-wide variable compensation programs, payroll, and union coordination functions. The Payroll and Compensation Manager plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to align with the company's goals and competitive practices. This position is also responsible for ensuring that company payroll, union, and compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with internal policies and government regulations. This position reports directly to the Division CFO and oversees junior staff (Union Coordinator and Payroll Specialist).
At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve.
- Manages the development, implementation, and administration of payroll and union programs coordination, as well as design and calculation of variable compensation programs, including sales incentives, commissions and bonuses.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation practices and recommends changes that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives.
- Provides advice to corporate staff on pay decisions, policy interpretations, and job evaluations.
- Designs creative solutions to specific compensation programs and incentive plans.
- Develops techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data.
- Coordinates with AUS Human Resources, Finance, Sales and other AUS teams as needed.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations, including unions and certified payroll.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business or related field plus three years of progressively responsible experience in employee compensation and/or financial analysis. Academy graduates are encouraged to apply
- Minimum of one year of leadership experience
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate data.
- Knowledge of all federal, state and local regulations and compliance requirements related to employee compensation, incentive programs, company policies and operations, and payroll including oversight of union compensation programs.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products
- Strong understanding of Excel's pivot tables and vlookups.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to plan and set priorities.
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, and diligent approach to work
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with senior management and multiple teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Certified Payroll, Prevailing Wages and Unions
- Experience with SAP
- Certified compensation professional
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.