Senior AccountantCarrollton, Texas Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-868437
When you join Allied Universal® Technology Services, you are joining one of the fastest growing security systems integrators in North America. Build your career within a fast-paced, dynamic, and diverse environment that combines leading-edge technology solutions - electronic access control, video surveillance, alarm monitoring, emergency communications, robotics, drones, and other smart tech innovative solutions - with physical security solutions to safeguard our clients and our communities.
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for applying principles of accounting to all company financial activities and subsequently providing analysis, reporting, and guidance to management.
- Compile, analyze, and document business transactions; record general ledger entries.
- Implement all accounting transactions, including adjustments, reclassifications, add-backs, etc.; submit trial balances to AUS accounting monthly.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepare accounting reports, balance sheet, profit and loss statements, and other reports to summarize and interpret financial information to managerial staff.
- Coordinate with AUS Accounting to ensure coordination, compliance, and adherence to all necessary accounting principles, including treasury and bank reconciliations.
- Process all business taxes, licenses, and permits; coordinate with AUS legal team.
- Coordinate the preparation of schedules related to the year-end audit.
- Coordinate the reconciliations of the balance sheet accounts.
- Maintain fixed asset information in SAP including purchases, sales and transfers.
- Maintain and charge equipment rates to the projects.
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take.
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances; assist in preparation of budget.
- Interact with auditors to ensure compliance and monitoring of company finances.
- Correspond with various other departments.
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Proficient user of finance software
- Extensive understanding of financial trends and processes
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial compliance
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret construction contracts, specifications, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to effectively present information to upper management and public groups as necessary both in written or oral formats.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS/MA degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 2+ years of experience as a Staff Accountant is preferred
- Professional qualification such as CPA eligible or similar preferred
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.