Communications Specialist DispatcherCastleton, Indiana Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2023-1091984
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, retirement plan, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for most full-time positions!
Become one of our Success Stories!
What's In It For You?
- Starting Wage $22.27 / Hour
- DailyPay! Get your Pay on Your Demand!
- Join the Nation's Largest Security Company, expanding Internationally!
- Make a difference in your community!
- Paid Orientation and On The Job Training!
- Endless advancement opportunities.
- Medical, dental, and 401K benefits after 60 days for Full Time Employees!
Please Upload a Resume for an Interview!
Allied Universal is looking to hire a Operational Intelligence Center (OIC) Communications Specialist. The Operational Intelligence Center (OIC) is a sophisticated command type center focused on customer service to retail centers across North America. The OIC Communications Specialist is responsible for providing customer service via telephone interactions with customers and tenants as well as supporting security through radio communications and monitoring of video surveillance systems. This position requires excellent computer skills, the ability to master at least five computer applications, and provide outstanding customer service for each customer interaction.
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming telephone and radio calls
- Communicate effectively with various callers to obtain complete information to determine the necessary level of service to include the need to dispatch police, fire, medical, security or local property management
- Collaborate with on-site security personnel to properly resolve incidents
- Provide pre-arrival emergency or medical instructions to local law enforcement or fire personnel
- Monitor fire/life/safety alarms to determine the necessary level of response
- Escalate and coordinate incidents to the Operational Intelligence Center Supervisor
- Effectively interpret multiple retail center leases, site maps, and computer aided design maps
- Become conversant with the layout of multiple retail centers and be aware of the current threats and challenges the centers are facing
- Maintain the confidentiality of policy and procedure documentation, emergency response and notification information, and administrative and database materials
- Become proficient with several computer applications to properly log data, navigate information, and best support customers and security personnel
- Become conversant with emergency procedures and evacuation procedures for multiple assigned retail centers
- Identify suspicious criminal activity and ensure an effective response from local law enforcement, retail center personnel, and/or corporate management
- Operate and monitor internal and external surveillance cameras and state of the art surveillance programs for multiple retail centers
- Ensure all components of the Operational Intelligence Center surveillance equipment are operating according to expected standards and protocols
- Support and assist in record management and data collection for multiple retail centers or corporate management which involve recorded video
- Maintain an effective video management system in accordance with expected standards and protocols. Effectively maneuver multiple surveillance cameras to obtain a better understanding of a situation, document events and assist with an investigation regarding suspicious activity, property damage, acts of violence, etc.
- Complete required monthly training in a timely fashion
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a public or private safety organization
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- A minimum of two (2) years in a video surveillance environment
- Any combination of experience and/or training which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this position
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments, and effectively manage deadlines
- Must be highly organized
- Self-motivated to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be proficient and fully functional in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Must have the ability to perform regular equipment checks and report all equipment failures to Operational Intelligence Center Supervisor
- Must have the ability to effectively operate highly technical monitoring equipment as well as the ability to manage information and technical security programs
- Professional, articulate, and able to use good independent judgment, and discretion; must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions, and materials in strictest confidence
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- Must be able to define problems, establish facts, and determine the appropriate persons in a decision-making process. Must be able to maintain a calm, professional, and courteous composure when dealing with unusual and stressful circumstances
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player
- Must have excellent verbal and written command of the English language including grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Must be able to type a minimum of 40 words per minute proficiently
- Ability to work specified shifts in a command center environment in order to maintain 24 hours and seven days a week operation
- Ability to complete CritiCall pre-employment assessment with favorable results
- Ability to pass Emergency Telecommunication Course
- Ability to pass a post-offer/pre-employment background check and drug and alcohol screening
- Must successfully pass the new hire training program
- College degree in Criminal Justice
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.