Business Development ManagerChicago, Illinois Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-794929
At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
Are you ready for a new challenge? If your current success as a Business Development Professional comes from your ability to embrace and utilize consultative selling skills and work in a highly collaborative environment, then consider a career with Allied Universal Security Services.
At Allied Universal Security Services, we sell trust. We foster a sales team environment that embraces a consultative approach and recognizes that your judgment is critical to leveraging a world class brand in the local market, with tailored solutions that ensure the safety and security of the people, homes and businesses of our communities.
We are currently seeking an experienced consultative sales professional for a Business Development Manager role to execute business to business outside sales. Primary responsibilities include:
- Establish, develop and foster quality business relationships within the territory to position Allied Universal as the most responsive security services provider
- Establish relationships with potential clients to distinguish Allied Universal from the current provider and deliver tailored solutions professionally and effectively
- Prospect through innovative lead generation tools and leverage existing advanced and dedicated social media opportunities
- Perpetuate and amplify a professional local brand to enhance the company brand to attract a following of targeted connections and relationships
- Identify and recognize the unique buyer in the buying process map to leverage and nurture connections to productive relationships
- Strategically coordinate schedule/travel to optimize client meetings throughout the territory
- Conduct all business with the highest of ethical and professional standards
- Collaborate with the Branch Manager and operations team in the region to demonstrate the resources and expertise of Allied Universal to clients during the sales process to ensure confidence in the value and competence of the operations team after the sale during implementation of services
- Execute high level of integrity and trust with both internal and external customers.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree plus at least 4 years outside sales experience in a B2B environment, preferably with a service product. In addition, we seek the following:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team oriented sales environment that allows for collaboration with the operations team in identifying and resolving issues and concerns
- Proven track record of excellence in sales activity (awards, top rankings, etc.) using consultative sales techniques
- A true hunter with the ability to leverage social media and professional networks (i.e. LinkedIn) to prospect and follow up with consistency. Attend professional networking and community events when appropriate
- Superior, world class interpersonal and communication skills as well as solid writing skills
- Dedication to high quality customer service delivery and integrity through proven client and customer relationships
- Proficient in web-based applications (i.e. salesforce.com), and programs (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint), to effectively edit and create reports, database entries and presentation materials
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to strategically plan sales calls, sales presentations and cold calling
- Highly effective leader with the ability to build strong relationships internally with all levels of the organization and manage under difficult service delivery timeframes
- Sales training on strategic consultative selling techniques
- Experience using a formal, defined sales process
- Ability to travel throughout all areas of the territory, including some overnight travel