Senior Application Development EngineerChicago, Illinois, Willowbrook, Illinois, Lombard, Illinois Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2023-1018600
When you join the Allied Universal® Technology Services, you are joining one of the fastest growing security systems integrators in North America. Build your career within a fast-paced, dynamic, and diverse environment that combines leading-edge technology solutions - electronic access control, video surveillance, alarm monitoring, emergency communications, robotics, drones, and other smart tech innovative solutions - with physical security solutions to safeguard our clients and our communities. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401(k), employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for most full-time positions!
Allied Universal® is hiring a Senior Application Development Engineer. The Senior Application Development Engineer will be responsible for the developing and testing Windows applications in a high-availability and quality-controlled environment. The Senior Application Development Engineer will work closely with other developers and/or the team lead. This role will successfully achieve team goals by ensuring a clear understanding of the objectives, learn and apply new skills and techniques, and communicate effectively. The Senior Application Development Engineer can expect overnight travel (2 to 3 weeks per year) to customer locations throughout United States. This is an in-office role with the possibility of a remote-hybrid arrangement.
- Provide a senior-level contribution to a team responsible for the design, development and implementation of critical business applications using C#, .Net and SQL Server
- Create design documents as required; perform coding, debugging, and testing
- Define the integration between proposed development projects and existing systems
- Work in a collaborative development environment; mentor and guide less experienced team members
- Troubleshoot complex hardware and software systems
- Support existing products and customers and assist installation team during customer deployments
- Maintain software version control through designated software versioning tools; work with team members to merge overlapping changes to the program source
- Interface with quality assurance to understand and reconcile defects and concerns
- Maintain up-to-date work status in task tracking software
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science with a minimum of nine (9) years of C# development and experience with Visual Studio experience
- High school or equivalent with a minimum of ten (10) years of C# development and experience with Visual Studio experience
- Possess a valid driver’s license if driving a company or customer-owned vehicle
- Minimum of seven (7) years of C# development and experience with Visual Studio
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server (Stored Procedures) and relation database concepts
- Experience developing, implementing, and maintaining software
- Proficient with multi-threading and TCP/IP communication protocols
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Windows Presentation Foundation experience
- Experience with unit testing and TDD
- Familiarity in design/architectural patterns
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Medical, dental, vision, basic life, AD&D, and disability insurance
- Enrollment in our company’s 401(k)plan, subject to eligibility requirements
- Eight paid holidays annually, five sick days, and four personal days
- Vacation time offered at an accrual rate of 3.08 hours biweekly. Unused vacation is only paid out where required by law.
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.