Director, Accounting IntegrationConshohocken, Pennsylvania, Jupiter, Florida, Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, Cherry Hill, New Jersey, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Wilmington, Delaware, Charlotte, North Carolina Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-890385
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Allied Universal® is hiring a Accounting Director - Accounting Integration. The Director, Accounting Integration is responsible for working alongside and coordinating with the Merger & Acquisitions team and their due diligence consultants to ensure that an accounting integration plan is developed and discussed/shared with the General Ledger group and coordinating with Ancillary controllers within North America to ensure seamless reporting and maintenance of a strong internal control environment. Specifically, the Director, Accounting Integration will work closely with the target company’s accounting organization and Allied Universal’s internal support functions to plan and integrate critical month-end close activities to ensure an accurate, smooth, and orderly process.
Position: Can be remote or hybrid from Conshohocken, PA or Jupiter, FL. Ideal location is East Coast or Central Time Zone. Travel to PA for training and quarterly.
- Collaborate with due diligence team including external resources to assist in transaction and develop knowledge necessary to create integration plan
- Develop and maintain project plans specific to the various acquisition integration processes within finance as well as other corporate overhead organizations
- Work cross functionally with SSO, Sourcing, IMO, Legal/Risk Management, IT, Operations, and other teams as required to solve integration issues in a pre-determined, time efficient manner
- Create an accounting practices, policies, and procedures Gap Analysis between Allied Universal (AU) and each acquired entity. Develop and maintain a listing of critical outstanding issues for each acquisition and help drive items to completion within the specified, agreed-upon timeline
- Create, implement, and continuously improve best practice accounting integration plans within the GL Accounting team
- Coordinate the preparation and review of stand-alone financial information by acquired Accounting and Finance personnel as well as Allied Universal leadership
- Serve as visible go-to AU representative for target company and consistently demonstrate culture and values of AU. Determine and manage the retention strategy for acquired company finance employees
- Provide oversight of selected ancillary operations including:
- Support and resolve issues arising during close
- Evaluate monthly operating results and compare to forecasted business plan during integration phase
- Provide oversight to Balance Sheet reviews
- Support SOX implementation efforts in ancillary portfolio
- Support International operations that are on US platforms (i.e., LATAM and Embassy) and intercompany activity with rest of world. Provide support to internal/external and client auditors
- Develop and execute an overhead review process
- Ensure timely, accurate communication of relevant information to operations and clients
- Conduct and manage special accounting projects as requested
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive accounting management experience, preferably in a service industry.
- Ability to manage and motivate the team through an evolving, fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of all finance business processes including Payroll, Billing and Revenue Recognition, Procure to Pay, Accounts Payable and how each cycle impacts general accounting
- Ability to successfully work at a very detailed level, as well as the ability to communicate concisely with Executive Management
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to manage numerous projects/deliverables simultaneously against set deadlines
- Strong analytical abilities and organizational skills
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Experience in operational integration of mergers and acquisitions or project management
- Experience with multiple ERP systems and prior SOX experience
- High level of integrity and strict adherence to protecting confidential information
- Experience in designing, structuring, and implementing new operational policies and processes
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.