Assistant Corporate Controller HybridConshohocken, Pennsylvania Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-789354
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Allied Universal®, the 7th largest employer in the world, is hiring an Assistant Controller to be based out of Conshohocken, PA on a hybrid schedule. The Assistant Controller will lead the general accounting function and manage the month end close process, account reconciliation processes, maintain internal controls and support internal and external audit procedures in conjunction with both the financial statement and SOX audits. The Assistant Controller will interact with other Headquarters departments, operations personnel, and/or outside agencies to resolve problems. This role will train and develop a 9-person team and coordinate with multiple accounting teams who support ancillary divisions of Allied Universal in the US and Canada.
- Manage the general ledger accounting function to ensure all month end financial closing activities are completed timely and efficiently.
- Ensure monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting is completed on time
- Key leader in SOX implimentation and controls.
- Maintain an effective and efficient internal control structure to ensure the accuracy of the financial information, and compliance with GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles) and Allied Universal policies and procedures
- Provide support to external auditors and consultants and ensure completion of the year end-end SOX audit
- Hire, coach, and train professional accounting staff to build Allied Universal and accounting knowledge
- Collaborate with other Allied Universal departments to support company initiatives and raise basic financial literacy throughout the organization
- Participate in development of a career development program for team members
- Evaluate enhancing systems and processes with the introduction of new technology, including but not limited to automated reconciliation tools, robotic automation, and enhanced reporting tools
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Possess and maintain active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive accounting management experience, preferably in a service industry
- Prior audit experience or experience dealing with external auditors
- Proficient knowledge of GAAP (inclusive of public company accounting and financial reporting standards) and IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) reporting
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients
- Ability to manage and motivate the team through an evolving environment
- Able to effectively identify and resolve problems in high visibility, high stress situations
- Strong analytical abilities and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines
- Keep abreast of changes to existing financial accounting and reporting requirements
- Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing conditions and expectations
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting
- Big 4 International public accounting firm experience
- Prior Merger and Integration experience
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.