Contract Accounting SpecialistConshohocken, Pennsylvania Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2023-948322
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Allied Universal is looking to hire a Contract Accounting Specialist. The Shared Services - Contract Accounting Specialist will provide support to the entire Allied Universal organization through the creation of all new client accounts (WinTeam job file, customer file, bill codes by job, recurring file and eHub). As per company policy, client approval of all financial terms and conditions (“FTCs”) is required before a new account can be set up or an existing account updated. The Shared Services - Contract Accounting Specialist will ensure that client documentation to support new job requests is received and will review the documentation for completeness of all FTCs before entering the information into WinTeam. The Shared Services - Contract Accounting Specialist will also review all documentation received for maintenance requests to confirm the documentation is complete in order to protect Allied Universal’s interest in the event of an audit. Once set up or changes have been made within the WinTeam system, all account set-up and maintenance documentation must be populated and maintained in a document management database. The Shared Services - Contract Accounting Specialist will need to be familiar with the special billing and job set-up requirements of all clients, including those on electronic billing and those with special invoice update procedures. Additionally, this role will work closely with the Shared Services – Billing team to ensure that set-up of client accounts flows correctly to the invoices.
- Review client documentation such as contracts, amendments and email approvals for FTCs and update the WinTeam system as necessary.
- Populate and maintain the contract database.
- Set up client accounts including all job costing fields within the WinTeam system.
- Perform maintenance on client accounts, including site location, invoice distribution, and billing information in accordance with department and company policies.
- Complete all steps required to discontinue an existing job in the WinTeam system.
Primary Competencies or Non-Negotiables:
- All employees conduct themselves in an honest, ethical, professional manner.
- All employees are properly screened and licensed.
- All employees meet training standards and requirements.
- All employee relations are managed appropriately.
- All employees are paid accurately and on time.
- All clients are billed accurately and on time.
- All contracts are managed according to company and client requirements. Contract compliance is everybody’s responsibility.
- Assume ownership for our company’s success.
- Promote and embody our culture, values and beliefs with passion.
- Take ownership of issues, seek solutions.
- Take responsibility, do the right thing.
- Project energy and enthusiasm.
- You are part of a team and have a responsibility to everyone on it.
- BS/BA Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent experience
- 2 years previous experience in billing or service contract review
- Good working knowledge of basic accounting concepts strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in reviewing service contract documents for financial terms and conditions preferred.
- Previous WinTeam job set-up experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office and MS Outlook. Knowledge of MS Access preferred. The capability to use and/or learn to use a computer and peripheral equipment required.
- Excellent customer service skills required, previous experience with interacting with external customers strongly preferred.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team (demonstrates strong relationship-building skills).
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with a proven ability to sustain a high level of output and productivity.
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.