Corporate Licensing and Compliance ManagerConshohocken, Pennsylvania Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2021-646344
At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
Allied Universal is hiring a Corporate Licensing and Compliance Manager to join our Corporate Legal Team based in Conshohocken, PA. Responsibilities include:
- Manage, oversee, and ensure completion of state, branch, and local license renewals to ensure continued compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations and company policies
- Maintain, build and manage License HQ (or related) database to track continued compliance of license statuses and maintenance of current information
- Work with local teams to reinforce licensing requirements and answer compliance questions related to state, branch or local security agency licensure
- Work with Corporate Counsel on licensing activity related to acquisitions including assisting in tracking transition progress by working with regional and corporate leadership
- Act as the state, branch and local security agency license teacher – is able to explain everyday requirements to the field
- Is the first point of contact for regulatory agencies for exchange of information and escalates to Corporate Counsel as needed
- Create and build productive relationships with regulators and exercise discretion in approaching sensitive regulatory situations
- Identify patterns and trends among states and branches to proactively address licensing needs and potential compliance concerns. Determines from the analysis if training and/or policy updates or other activities are appropriate
- Maintain License HQ database of licenses, applications, supporting documents, and PSI of license holders and corporate officers. Keeps diligent notes about process and identifies and escalates licensing concerns as needed
- Identify and manage unique or complex licensing jurisdictions (e.g., states/jurisdictions that require specialized documentation, have extended renewal periods or complex signature requirements)
- Assist Corporate Counsel with research and clarification of state and local laws and regulations surrounding licensing
- Work with corporate officers and regional leadership to procure necessary documentation in support of license applications, renewals or license changes
- Review and respond to all substantive questions on state licensing applications and renewals and work with Corporate Counsel as needed for timely submission and accuracy of forms/applications
- Work on Legal Department projects when called upon to assist other teams in furtherance of big picture Legal Department goals
- Assist Corporate Counsel with maintenance of corporate records such as minute books, organizational documents, and corporate organization charts
- Support corporate governance initiatives and manage projects related to management of various business lines within overall corporate structure
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of General Business experience with at least 1-2 years overseeing Compliance or Licensing. In addition, we seek the following:
- Minimum BS/BA in Business/related degree (or equivalent related experience) required
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective reading comprehension and analysis of federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Experience working with licensing and compliance; experience in the security industry is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player
- Experience developing and delivering effective training on licensing procedures is preferred
- Ability to gather detailed information, synthesize data and present the same in an easily understandable manner.
- Energetic, driven personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed, but also work with all levels of managers within the assigned region, which may result in having to re-prioritize work activities on a regular basis
- Strong leadership skills, be goal orientated, and a strong sense of responsibility and ownership for the company’s success
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Must have the flexibility and ability to travel when needed, up to 10% or more of the time, as required.
Allied Universal® provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to people and businesses within our local communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com. We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.