Accounting Manager, General LedgerConshohocken, Pennsylvania Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-871073
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Allied Universal® is hiring aGeneral Ledger Accounting Manager. This position will lead a portion of the general accounting function. They will manage the month end close process, selected account reconciliations, maintain internal controls and support internal and external audit procedures in conjunction with both the financial statement and SOX audits. They will interact with other HQ departments, operations personnel, and/or outside agencies to resolve problems. They will train and develop a 2-person team.
- Manages the general ledger accounting function to ensure all month end financial closing activities are completed timely and efficiently.
- Ensure the accuracy of the general ledger. Lead review procedures with accountants and senior accountants to ensure compliance with GAAP and company policies.
- Key contact for audit inquiries from external auditors and consultants for both the year end financial statement and SOX audits.
- Primary contact for statutory audit including Puerto Rico and asset backed financing audit.
- Manage activity with International affiliates.
- Support timely completion of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Maintain an effective and efficient internal control structure to ensure the accuracy of the financial information, and compliance with GAAP and Allied Universal policies and procedures.
- Hire, coach and train professional accounting staff to build Allied Universal and accounting knowledge
- Participate in development of a career development program for team members.
- Support systems and processes enhancement utilizing new technology.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Active and continued maintenance of Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license, or MBA/MS, preferred.
- Minimum of six (6) years of progressive accounting management experience, preferably in a service industry.
- Proficient knowledge of GAAP (inclusive of public company accounting and financial reporting standards)
- Prior auditor background or experience in working with external auditors
- Prior Merger and Acquisition Integration experience desired
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills required
- Ability to manage and motivate the team through an evolving environment
- Effectively identify and resolve problems in high visibility, high stress situations
- Strong analytical abilities and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines
- Able to stay abreast of changes to existing financial accounting and reporting changes
- Highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.