IT Technical Support SpecialistConshohocken, Pennsylvania Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2021-653182
At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
Allied Universal is currently seeking a Support Desk Technical Specialist for the Corporate IT team. The fundamental responsibility of the Support Desk Specialist is to provide technical support and training with software and hardware to internal end-users primarily through in-bound phone calls. On-call rotation with the other members of the department team. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Provide assistance to internal customers on software and hardware issues and questions
- Configure and maintain hardware including PC, notebooks, printers, etc.
- Provide training and documentation for Allied Universal Security Services standard and custom applications
- Assist with various projects and support as assigned
- Maintain network security, User account creation/administration.
- Assist network operations in maintaining network connectivity
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma plus education in Computer Science. At least 1-2 years previous help desk experience is strongly preferred. A positive, friendly attitude towards internal clients is essential to provide a high level of customer service using excellent communication skills to all levels of employees and management. The ideal candidate must also be familiar with the following:
- Active Directory experience
- Operating systems (Windows 2007/2008/2010)
- Familiarity with data communications equipment and software
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Custom Applications (ERP,CRM)
- Previous Support Desk experience preferred
- Must have automobile. Occasional travel is required
- Ability to lift and carry computer equipment to 45 lbs.
- Comp TIA A+, MCP, MCSE, MCSA, MOS (Microsoft Office Specialist), HDI certifications are preferred.