Payroll Tax SpecialistConshohocken, Pennsylvania Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2021-623399
At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
The Payroll Tax Specialist creates daily tax transmission files for timely, accurate filing and depositing of weekly, semi-monthly, monthly, quarterly and annual Payroll taxes for all legal entities. Position will also update employee addresses and maintain mail log for a mail received related to payroll tax inquiries.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates and audits periodic tax files which are transmitted to ADP Tax service daily once payroll processing is completed.
- Prepares ADP funding packet which includes Team W2 report, ADP Tax file report and ADP Invoice(s) for approval signatures and Treasury disbursement.
- Maintains mail log of all incoming mail.
- Creates and provides GL Upload file to accounting to post payroll tax payments (detailed support of ADP Invoice(s).
- Prepares check requests as needed.
- Monthly duties include but not limited to, IL file to ADP and Wilmington Head tax payment.
- W2 Hotline maintenance (seasonal Jan-Apr)
- Out-going Fed Ex mailings.
- Respond to employee inquiries.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. May be required to climb stairs.
- The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones.
- The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.