Vice President, ContractsConshohocken, Pennsylvania Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2021-609778
At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
Allied Universal is seeking a Vice President of Contracts to support the Legal Services Group and various lines of business within the organization. The VP will manage and oversee a team of legal professionals and will operate out the organization’s Eastern corporate headquarters in Conshohocken, PA and report to the EVP/General Counsel North America.
- Use of independent judgment and discretion in drafting, reviewing, interpreting, and negotiating a variety of contracts and other legal documents with a focus on customer and vendor contracts for various lines of business.
- Participate in and/or lead negotiations related to contractual terms and conditions
- Assist in the review and development of Allied Universal contract templates in the various lines of business.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures and protocols to enhance the effectiveness, efficiency and consistency of executing commercial transactions.
- Ability to support business leaders on international contracting and manage/create efficient contract and compliance processes using available technology
- Perform other transactional, legal and regulatory duties as needed, including supporting the organization’s mergers and acquisitions goals and objectives.
- Develop and assist in formalizing and improving the company’s internal processes for promoting and ensuring the company’s compliance with laws, regulations, and company policies with specific focus on licensing and regulations pertaining to the security industry.
- Help identify potential areas of regulatory vulnerability and risk; develop and implement action plans for resolution of problematic issues; and provide general guidance on how to avoid or address similar situations in the future.
- Develop and deliver employee training on various compliance and regulatory matters and provide regular updates on regulatory developments to relevant organizational leaders.
- Develop strategic responses to various complex issues that arise through a client relationship that might involve regulatory requirements or contractual provisions.
- Candidate should have at least eight years of experience as a regulatory and transactional lawyer in a large corporate law firm and/or in-house (prefer at least 4-5 years of in-house experience) with proven record of independent oversight of major large scale corporate/cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and develop team members (including record of full-time management duties of other attorneys), as well as balance and successfully execute and complete individual matters
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- High level of emotional intelligence which lends to the candidate’s ability to interface and communicate effectively with a large number of diverse internal groups, including all levels of employees, in-house legal counsel, external legal counsel, customers, regulatory officials, consultants and vendors
- Strong organizational, analytical and drafting skills, including attention to detail and a self- driven problem-solving mindset
- Ability to work independently, as well as in team situations
- High integrity, strong work ethic, customer-centric and able to handle multiple, simultaneous projects with enthusiasm and attention to detail
- Ability to drive deliverables and influence both internal and external customers in a team setting Exposure to government contracting and international transactions desirable
- Strong background in licensing, data privacy and data security a plus