Workers Compensation CoordinatorConshohocken, Pennsylvania, Santa Ana, California Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-765712
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
The Senior Legal Specialist is responsible for the management and oversight of workers’ compensation claims (reportable and first aid) from report through claim closure, in conjunction with the third party administrator, while minimizing overall insurance costs. This includes return to work management, related leave of absence files and requests, self-insurance and state monopolistic programs and other duties as directed.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Manage portfolio of multi-state workers’ compensation claims (current and run-off programs)
- Responsible for reviewing workers’ compensation claims, collecting relevant facts surrounding the circumstances of the claim, and assisting with making the initial determination of claim type (reportable or first aid)
- Manage return-to-work program; work with branches, medical providers and employees regarding work restrictions, documentation, and ability to accommodate according to company guidelines to proactively return injured employees to work as quickly as medically possible
QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required in order to be hired. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Formal Education, Licenses, and Certifications Required:
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent or a minimum of 5 years of verifiable work experience
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required:
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years of related experience in human resource, workers compensation, or other related field of administration and processing of paperwork and materials
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.