Accounts Receivable Specialist - AUTSDallas, Texas Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2021-607714
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is tasked with administering to all aspects of Accounts Receivable, billing, collections, and cash application processes within a complex ERP system. Shared services department that will include accurately billing customers for work completed in a timely fashion, ensuring that all accounts receivable related transactions are recorded accurately and timely, maintaining customer records and collections. This role will also serve as a liaison between the customer and the local project managers and sales teams. They will provide excellent timely customer service to both internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes invoicing requests and submits invoice documents to clients via the client’s preferred method - mail, e-mail, portal, etc.
- Vouch the accuracy of sales orders to internally generated sales quotes and/or customer generated purchase orders and approve them to book in the system or follow up on differences with sales and/or project management staff.
- Modify system generated invoices in Adobe prior to distribution to the customer to match customer billing requirements.
- Receive in and deposit customer payments via check scan software and/or bank delivery daily.
- Record all electronic deposits as they are received into the company’s bank account.
- Apply customer payments to outstanding accounts receivable accurately and timely.
- Maintain customer master data in ERP system.
- Setup and maintain billing for monthly service contracts.
- Setup and maintain any special invoicing requirements for governmental clients, etc.
- Facilitating the collections process on all past due accounts which includes direct communications with customers and providing feedback to internal branch management personnel.
- Maintain organized filing of all accounts receivable and deposit documentation as required by the needs of the business.
- Provide reports and supporting documentation for independent audits as needed.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2-3 years of experience in accounts receivable field; experience with Progress Billing and AIA pay application documents preferred.
- Knowledge in mid-size to large company ERP systems (SAP, NAV, Dynamics GP, etc.) is required; SAP By Design preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure with a high customer service oriented attitude
- Must be able to take direction and perform in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment effectively and efficiently.
- Proficient in Excel, MS Word and Adobe
- Open to work overtime as required.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively manage multiple employees with diverse personalities and engage them to perform at optimum levels.