ParalegalDallas, Texas Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2021-616895
At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Review customer NDAs. Prepare SI NDA’s when requested. Facilitate signatures of NDAs.
- Maintain all 34 Contractor licenses for Allied Universal Technology Services. Submit all renewals or apply for new licenses as requested. Review and research of state and local licensing laws. Register all branch offices with the state/local agencies
- Monitor employee registrations (security technicians/sales rep) and make sure new hires are properly registered depending on what state they will be working in and what kind of work they will be performing.
- Confirm all employees are complying with state/local agency rules and regulations and are completing continuing education requirements, getting fingerprinted, etc...
- Assist proposals department with review and draft of customer pre-qualifications, supplier registrations and vendor questionnaires pre-bid.
- Assist proposals department with legal questions and litigation status/updates for bid documents.
- Review of bid documents and risk analysis
- Assist with company responses to litigation discovery and manage document preservation
- Maintain and renew SAM Registration
- Assisted in renewing the SAFETY ACT Registration
- Assist purchasing department with real estate records
- General corporate practice, including maintaining all corporate records for multiple company divisions. Prepare resolutions as instructed and facilitate signatures. Update company executives with changes in Officers.
- Point of Contact for CSC for annual filings for multiple company divisions. Monitoring CSC invoices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies plus 3 to 5 years of experience at a law firm or a corporate law department
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Power-Point, and Westlaw
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and organize large quantities of information
- Work under the pressure of deadlines and be detail-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills required
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as requisitions, specifications, contracts, other legal documents, policy manuals, and accounting reports
- Write routine reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, the general public, and employees at all levels
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
Allied Universal® provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to people and businesses within our local communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com. We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.