Senior Staff AccountantDallas, Texas Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2021-643497
Allied Universal® Technology Services, one of the largest security systems integrators in the United States, offers comprehensive and integrated technology solutions to help clients mitigate risk and protect people and assets. Allied Universal® Technology Services all-inclusive service approach offers intelligent and seamless technology solutions from electronic access control, video surveillance, fire/life safety, alarm monitoring, emergency communications, technological threat management and response, and other smart tech innovative solutions, including a broad array of hosted /managed services via the company’s Monitoring and Response Center (MaRC), and the Global Security Operating Center. We are in a growth mode and continue to hire talented Installation and Service Technicians, Monitoring Agents, Coordinators, Project Managers, Engineers, Architects, Branch Leadership and Sales Professionals. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® Technology Services today!
Allied Universal Technology Services is looking for a Senior Staff Accountant to be located at our HQ in Dallas, TX. The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for applying principles of accounting to all company financial activities and subsequently providing analysis, reporting, and guidance to management.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Compile, analyze, and document business transactions; record general ledger entries.
- Implement all accounting transactions, including adjustments, reclassifications, add-backs, etc.; submit trial balances to AUS accounting monthly.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepare accounting reports, balance sheet, profit and loss statements, and other reports to summarize and interpret financial information to managerial staff.
- Coordinate with AUS Accounting to ensure coordination, compliance, and adherence to all necessary accounting principles, including treasury and bank reconciliations.
- Process all business taxes, licenses, and permits; coordinate with AUS legal team.
- Coordinate the preparation of schedules related to the year-end audit.
- Coordinate the reconciliations of the balance sheet accounts.
- Maintain fixed asset information in SAP including purchases, sales and transfers.
- Maintain and charge equipment rates to the projects.
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take.
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances; assist in preparation of budget.
- Interact with auditors to ensure compliance and monitoring of company finances.
- Correspond with various other departments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Proficient user of finance software
- Extensive understanding of financial trends and processes
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial compliance
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret construction contracts, specifications, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to effectively present information to upper management and public groups as necessary both in written or oral formats.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS/MA degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 5+ years of experience as a Staff Accountant
- Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required at this time.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and telephonically), and to read computer screens, correspondence and reports.
- The job is may also be performed in an office environment. The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above normal for portions of the shift.
- Must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
Allied Universal® provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to people and businesses within our local communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com. We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.