Applications Engineer - Electronic SecurityEl Cajon, California Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2021-587674
is looking to hire a and Applications Engineer. The Applications Engineer is responsible for software specific support of our installation team to include the integration / interface of multiple disparate software applications into fully functioning solutions. This position will be responsible for all levels of systems head-end commissioning, upgrades and advanced diagnostics to achieve the defined functionality of systems operation. The Applications Engineer should be capable of utilizing existing SDK’s and/or API’s to ensure the desired level of integration and should be capable to perform customized integration between software applications. The Applications Engineer’s schedule will be coordinated by the Operations and Project managers to be effectively and efficiently utilized.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Capable of advanced integration between disparate electronic security systems
- LAN & Network configurations experience to include wireless communications system.
- Perform systems diagnostic and troubleshooting duties to ensure a fully functioning system
- Work with Project Managers, End Users and Technician team to provide assistance in regards to the software systems
- Troubleshoot project issues and engage appropriate resources as needed.
- Escalate significant issues to management team as needed.
- Work with Project Management team to coordinate project and work schedules to ensure project efficiencies
- Work with Operations Manager to schedule and maintain appropriate licensing and software trainings for professional development
- Take the lead in End User Software training
Knowledge and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required, BA/BS Degree preferred
- In depth knowledge of industry leading security system and equipment providers
- Certification with major enterprise level security/access control systems preferred
- Decision-making and problem-solving ability
- Ability to read and understand advanced technical information/documentation
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint and Word)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Strong time management skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate and influence others
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks while meeting strict deadlines
- Possess excellent follow-up skills
- Certifications in the following Software platforms are required
- Open Options