Commercial Security Technician IIGrand Rapids, Michigan, Detroit, Michigan Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2021-612797
What to expect as a Commercial Security Technician II:
- Install, program and configure commercial electronic security systems for enterprise commercial clients (door access control, CCTV, intrusion detection, low voltage communication, electronic locks, point sensors, signaling devices, ect.)
- Troubleshoot new installations to ensure the systems are functioning properly and satisfy codes.
- Supervise Tech I’s on a job as assigned by Operations Manager
- Drive to client sites, with a company issued vehicle, to perform the system installation and confirm the system is operating effectively and meets contract requirements
- Run electrical wiring; related activities to include drilling, trenching, and aerial runs.
- Responsible for the connection of control panels, application requirements, wire concealment and security software installation.
- Complete miscellaneous tasks as assigned such as job-site clean-up
What knowledge and skills are required:
- High School Degree, Vocational School or equivalent is required
- 2 to 3 years of experience in the physical security, fire alarm or low voltage communication industry installing field devices, programming systems and managing small jobs
- Experience with any or all of the following preferred: Software House, Lenel, AMAG, S2, Brivo, Milestone, Exacq, Axis, Bosch, Commend, DMP, Open Options, Notifier, Fluidmesh or ONSSI
- Possess or has the ability to obtain proper state licensing once hired (Low Voltage D license, Alarm Installer Lic. etc.)
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast based environment with minimum direction
- Good communication skills for effective interaction with internal & external customers
- Strong troubleshooting skills and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to be on-call on a rotational basis
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to complete time entry from home on a daily basis via the Internet
- Ability to deliver product familiarization training to end-users