Customer Service Lead - Evening ShiftGrand Rapids, Michigan Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-850495
When you join Allied Universal® Technology Services, you are joining one of the fastest growing security systems integrators in North America. Build your career within a fast-paced, dynamic, and diverse environment that combines leading-edge technology solutions - electronic access control, video surveillance, alarm monitoring, emergency communications, robotics, drones, and other smart tech innovative solutions - with physical security solutions to safeguard our clients and our communities.
Allied Universal® is looking to hire a Monitoring Call Center Lead. The primary function of the Lead at the Monitoring and Response Center is to monitor the assigned customers, document any activity, contact support systems in the event of an emergency, and provide leadership and support to all operators on their designated shift. In addition, the Lead is to ensure goals are being met and objectives are met or exceeded on their designated shift. Available shift: 2nd shift (4pm-12am), gauranteed 40 hours per week. Starting Pay: $18 per hour.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides coaching and feedback to operators; identifying areas for training to ensure alarm board panels/video alarms/burglary and fire alarms/call center is operated accurately while meeting goals and deadlines
- Serves as a resource in answering questions regarding interpretation of data to be keyed or verified
- Training and development of new and existing staff
- IT support or technical support background is a plus
- Investigates and professionally resolves inquiries and complaints that require Supervisory level intervention
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Compiles and reviews daily/weekly reports to guarantee standards for quality and productivity are maintained
- Develops and maintains a team-oriented relationship with other departments, so that, company goals and objectives are met or exceeded
- Performs the work of the Security Intervention Specialist/Customer Service Rep in order to meet high volume demands when necessary
- Must attend scheduled meetings and company training meetings and seminars as required
- Performs other duties as assigned by MaRC Manager or Assistant Manager
- Assists with coordinating company functions, promotional events, employee reward/recognition programs, and meetings
- Maintains strong working knowledge of current company policies and procedures, recommend improvements as needed
- Assists with other special projects as requested by Manager
- Assists with new site development, involving forms, maps, virtual patrol routes, contact information, and vulnerabilities
- Completes incident reports
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Minimum of three years (Concurrent) experience in law enforcement, security, military, or call center environment
- Minimum of two years’ experience controlling cameras; one year being in a security industry and/or position
- Previous supervisory experience preferred but not required
- Must have language skills to read and interpret documents such as security logs, post orders, and other security correspondence. In addition, must be able to effectively verbally communicate to another in the English language to direct, control, and/or assist in the event of a crisis
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines. Must be highly organized and able to keep executive on track with required information available at all times
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.