Security Officer - Department of Defense (DOD) Cleared
Greenlawn, New York
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Professional Security Officers and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. In fact, over 65% of our managerial positions are filled by internal candidates.
- Full Time
- JOB LEVEL: Mid-Level
- Travel: No
What makes a successful Professional Security Officer at Allied Universal?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Trust Worthy
- Team Player
- Quick Thinking
- OUR CORE VALUES MAKE US PHENOMENAL. Efficient & Effective, Obsessively Focused on Results, Client Focused, Nimble, Fast and Responsive, United as a Team
- Our shared sense of duty to our customers and to one another, a dedication to a customer experience that is an industry standard
- Our relationships are at the heart of everything we do, each and every day.
Allied Universal offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
Regional Vice President
Director of Operations
Professional Security Officer
"There is a mission, philanthropy, that we stand for… we do exciting and fulfilling work that protects people and assets, and that feels good"
From the time our Professional Security Guards are hired, Generally, excluding some clients and unions, employees are eligible for health and welfare benefits 1st of month following 60 days of employment. For 401(k) eligibility employees are eligible after 6 months of service.”
Service Anniversary Bonus
401k Retirement Plan
Company-Paid Life Insurance
Recognition & Rewards Programs
Employee Assistance Programs
Employee Discount Program
Tuition Discount Program
Training & Career Development Programs
ResponsibilitiesSecurity Officer - Department of Defense (DOD) Cleared Position Type Full Time Shift Type Afternoon,Evening,Morning,Overnight Req ID 2020-413116 Work Days Available Monday - Friday,Saturday - Sunday
Allied Universal Security has great opportunities for a DOD Cleared Account located in Greenlawn, NY
Full-time position available at a minimum of $17.51 hr
Ideal candidates should possess the following:
- Must have a valid NYS Driver's license for more than 1 year
- Department of Defense Secret Clearance
- NYS Guard Card a plus
- Comprehensive Benefits & Employee Perks Program...
- Paid Orientation
- Free NYS Guard Training
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a Cleared Security Officer - Department of Defense (DoD). The Cleared Security Officer will be responsible for the protection of and access to highly classified and sensitive equipment, technology and information. Rigorous adherence and understanding of security protocols is mandatory, as is a US Government security clearance. The Cleared Security Officer candidates for this position will undergo an extensive vetting process by Allied Universal, the client and the US Government (DoD). This mandatory process is lengthy and thorough.
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years high-level security experience on DOD site or similar in military
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Be able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) position appropriate level security clearance
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Able to:
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
Essential Tasks (list not all inclusive):
- Respond to and assess security alarms or emergency alarms, emergency situations, medical aid, fires, oxygen deficiency alarms, first responder; secure classified information, escort visitors and contractors, secure ingress and egress situations
- Ensure the highest quality security services in the protection of personnel, property and information with professionalism; fulfill duties politely, without fear or favor
- Preserve order and enforce rules, regulations and directives for the viability of the site and the safety of personnel, equipment and sensitive information
- Report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances, both through written and verbal means
- Know site-specific operations performance manuals and post orders
- Conduct personal sweeps in closed areas; monitor prohibited items in certain areas
This is a highly visible and trusted position for which ONLY qualified candidates will be considered. If you qualify based on the above requirements, please complete the position application.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.