Cyber Security AnalystIrvine, California Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2023-957086
At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
Allied Universal is looking to hire a Cyber Security Analyst. This position is responsible for monitoring computer networks for security issues, installing security software, and documenting security issues and breaches found. To do well in this role, an individual should have a Bachelor's degree in computer science and experience in the cybersecurity field. Certifications in cybersecurity disciplines are highly desirable.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned as required:
- Monitor computer networks for anomalies and security risks.
- Protect digital files and information systems against unauthorized access, modification or destruction.
- Plan, implement, and upgrade security measures and controls.
- Install security controls to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Investigate security breaches and other cybersecurity incidents.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Remediate detected security vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Develop and document company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay up-to-date on cybersecurity technology trends and security standards.
- Conduct internal and external security audits.
- Manage network, intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- Recommend and install appropriate security tools and countermeasures.
- Assist with the definition implementation and maintenance of security policies.
- Provide security awareness training.
- Coordinate security plans/projects with outside vendors.
- Occasional overnight travel as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform cybersecurity duties to an acceptable standard. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Key technical skills include but are not limited to:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to explain complex technical details to individuals or groups lacking deep technical knowledge of the topic.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze computer systems, assess any potential risks, and consider possible solutions.
- Ability to anticipate cyberattacks, always thinking one step ahead of a cyberthreat.
- Ability to think and act clearly during times of stress.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals including the OSI network model, networking protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, SMB/CIFS, SIP, etc., and network routing and switching.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows® operating systems including its security subsystems.
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux operating systems.
- Ability to perform systematic troubleshooting steps to identify root causes of problems.
- Ability to install, maintain, monitor, and update security software on endpoints and servers.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of disparate data from log files and other sources to identify patterns of behavior to identify security risks, anomalies, or malicious behavior.
- Competence in the use of common enterprise software such as word processors, spreadsheets, project management, and presentation applications.
- Familiarity with Cloud computing fundamentals and the security implications of the platform.
- Monitor and respond to threat alerts from multiple security controls and the Security Information Event Management (SIEM) system
- Familiarity with risk management practices, the CIS-20 and NIST Cybersecurity frameworks.
- Familiarity with programming and scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell, Java script, bash scripting, etc.
- Basic understanding of digital forensic processes and chain-of-custody principals.
Education and Experience Preferences:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, cybersecurity, or related field or enrollment in similar program.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification.
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Vendor certifications from companies such as Microsoft, Cisco, Amazon, etc.
- Experience in information security or related field.
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques.
Annual Salary: $75k