Senior Tax Manager, ComplianceIrvine, California Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2023-1088430
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, retirement plan, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for most full-time positions!
Allied Universal® is hiring a Senior Tax Manager, Compliance to be located at our Corporate Headquarters on a hybrid basis. The Senior Tax Manager will manage the organization’s US tax compliance and audit activities. This role is responsible for leading the daily tax operations, including managing the tax personnel, implementing processes and procedures, and ensuring all tax records and returns are prepared and timely filed. The Senior Tax Manager will be responsible for communicating tax matters to the tax leadership and internal stakeholders, as well as external partners.
Salary: $155,000 - $165,000 base per year.
- Manage the US tax compliance calendar for the federal, state, and local corporate and partnership income tax returns, along with the US foreign disclosure returns prepared by the external tax service providers
- Prepare cash tax forecast for C-corporations and partnership and estimated tax payments, including all related analyses and support
- Support the accounting for the global income tax provision (ASC 740) including review and preparation of the US income tax provision (annual and quarterly) and all related assumptions, analyses, journal entries, calculations, and footnote disclosures
- Manage the US domestic and international tax compliance workpapers and documentation used for the preparation of the global tax provisions and income tax returns
- Manage and oversee the federal, state, and local income tax audits, as well as assist with sales and use tax, property tax, customs, and duties, and other local inquires and notices
- Oversee the US indirect tax and property tax teams
- Manage tax-related expenses and coordinate the US tax operations with the other tax departments in the US and globally
- Support and defend transfer pricing strategy (APA) and uncertain tax positions (FIN 48), as applicable
- Conduct tax research and work on projects to minimize tax burden and reduce the Company's effective tax rate and cash taxes
- Maintain an effective internal control environment to ensure compliance with financial reporting standards and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) regulations
- Adopt new tax software and implement processing changes as required
- Support Merger and Acquisition (M&A) transactions and integration activities and special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience with Big 4 (or equivalent) and/or large corporate tax department of a US or multi-national company
- Solid experience preparing and reviewing US income tax compliance
- C Corp and partnership compliance, tax accounting and provision experience
- Profesional tax background with progressive tax experience, including management level responsibilities
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of corporate federal and state income tax laws and corporate indirect taxes
- Proficient in computer skills and applications, including Word, Excel, and Microsoft Office
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast paced, high growth environment
- Outstanding leadership and people management skills and a proven track record of managing and motivating, successful accounting teams in a growing environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain complex tax issues to non-tax personnel; effectively communicate with regulatory agencies, tax reviewers, state, local, independent auditors, attorneys, support peers and all levels of corporate management
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changing conditions and expectations
- Self-starter with the ability and willingness to exercise independent judgment and take appropriate action
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships with business leaders across the organization
- Strong time management skills: able to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple priorities/expectations in accordance with strict deadlines
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Master’s Degree in Business Taxation
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, and statutory reporting requirements
- Tax compliance software and analytical application software (Alteryx)
- Medical, dental, vision, basic life, AD&D, and disability insurance
- Enrollment in our company’s 401(k)plan, subject to eligibility requirements
- Eight paid holidays annually, five sick days, and four personal days
- Vacation time offered at an accrual rate of 3.08 hours biweekly. Unused vacation is only paid out where required by law.
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.