Tax SpecialistIrvine, California, Conshohocken, Pennsylvania Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-940435
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Allied Universal is currently seeking a Tax Specialist to provide critical support in the preparation of Sales and Use Tax; Personal Property Tax, and other miscellaneous tax filings. This individual will also assists with income and partnership tax compliance, special tax related projects, and tax audits. Our tax team is an integral, hands on, detail oriented group that the corporation relies upon for detailed tax information and reports. The Tax Specialist will gain exposure to a national and state tax landscape as Allied Universal operates with over 150 Branch offices throughout North America. Salary: $60,000 - $65,000 per year
- Preparing and analyzing detailed information/reports for sales and use tax filings. Ensure all tax filings are timely and accurate.
- Prepare the EFT for processing by Treasury for the S&U tax filings.
- Prepare gross receipt taxes and other company indirect tax filings.
- Prepare international and territorial indirect tax filings.
- Prepare reconciliation of tax accounts.
- Research and provide documentation for the sales and use tax audits.
- Support operations teams by advising on taxable transactions and participate in client discussion related to disputed indirect tax matters.
- Support the general tax team with related audits for federal and state governments.
- 1-4 years of business office experience or bachelor’s degree in business or finance, with preference for experience related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, and taxes
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
- Microsoft Office applications experience and ability to effectively utilize all available office management technology. Ability to take direction and develop new technology skills.
- Ability to research technical information and discuss information with internal and external stakeholders.
- Professional, articulate, and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
Pay rate: $62,400-$65,000
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.