Outage Support SpecialistJensen Beach, Florida Position Type Temporary Shift Type Afternoon,Evening,Morning,Overnight Req ID: 2023-956259 Work Days Available Friday,Monday,Monday - Friday,Saturday,Saturday - Sunday,Sunday,Thursday,Tuesday,Wednesday
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
The Outage Support Specialist is responsible for aiding the FPL/NEE Access Authorization / FFD department during scheduled and unscheduled outage in-processing. Duties include but are not limited to drug testing collections (breathalyzer and urinalysis), fingerprinting, proctoring psychological exams, validating government issued identification, reviewing Personal History Questionnaires, data entry, and communication with personnel during processing activities.
This role ensures that all documentation is completed to meet Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), company, and client requirements. This position requires availability for response during days, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed to meet outage schedule timelines. Individuals are expected to adhere to and perform all work in accordance with site and client approved safety procedures. Candidate must be able to successfully complete the nuclear clearance process and Fitness for Duty training and remain fit for duty.
***Starting rate of pay is $20 / hour.***
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Administer alcohol breathalyzer testing and urine collections
- Perform fingerprinting using an automated system and/or fingerprint cards
- Proctor psychological exams
- Review Personal History Questionnaires for potentially disqualifying information
- Validate government issued identification
- Data entry of acquired information
- Communication with personnel during processing activities
- Other in-processing activities as requested by site access / FFD personnel
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required in order to be hired. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Formal Education, Licenses, and Certifications Required:
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required:
- Must possess work experience that includes data entry, filing, and record-keeping
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Able to compile, sort, and interpret data
- Able to research, investigate, compile information
- Able to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Write informatively, clearly, and accurately
OTHER RELATED ATTRIBUTES THAT WOULD ENHANCE HIRING CONSIDERATION:
These are other criteria that may enhance the hiring decision but would not rule out the candidate for consideration if not present.
- Knowledge of Nuclear Regulatory requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulations, site policies, and procedures
- Previous military or law enforcement experience
- Prior work experience in recruiting and onboarding or human resources
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- Office setting with minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures
- Major activities include interfacing with site and contractor personnel; working on PC while sitting; telephone use
- Physical effort is limited, to include standing, bending, light lifting, and stretching and reaching
- Must be able to submit to drug screening to the extent permissible by law
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.