Security Console Operator InsuranceJersey City, New Jersey Position Type Full Time Shift Type Afternoon,Evening,Morning,Overnight Req ID: 2021-603501 Work Days Available Monday - Friday,Saturday - Sunday
Allied Universal is looking for full-time security console operators for an insurance building.
All Shifts Open
Allied Universal is looking to hire a Global Security Operations Center Operator. The Global Security Operations Center must be staffed twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days per week. The GSOC Operator is responsible for using best practices to identify, analyze, and support all incidents that are either impactful or potentially impactful to business, assets, the brand and/or employees and visitors. This position is responsible for using established protocols and good decision making in taking actions and communicating information surrounding events and actions taken for those incidents to leadership as appropriate. The GSOC Operator will monitor cameras and various alarms/alerts, dispatch associated response personnel, and answer calls via telephone, operate access control technology, and provide general assistance to both employees and guests. The GSOC operator supports headquarters, branch/operating offices, and field teams as they prepare for, respond to, and recover from both crisis and non-crisis incidents and events of various types.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answer routine and emergency calls, monitor traditional alarms, video and access control and provide general assistance according to customer specific protocols.
- Dispatch security officers, ERT, facilities, police, fire, and EMS personnel as required via telephone and/or email communications.
- Maintains various records of communications.
- Communicates and disseminates information, using established communication vehicles, to key partners using best practices
- Escalating complaints and unusual/critical event information to Shift Supervisor, Manager, and other leadership personnel as directed.
- Report any missing, damaged, or inoperative equipment or communications, alarm, video management system, or other systems.
- Respond to customer requests for maintenance, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant policies and procedures for specific locations.
- Keep and / or document detailed records of activities as they occur during the shift.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Minimum of two years’ experience in law enforcement, security, or the military
- Minimum of two years’ experience controlling cameras and responding to alarms; one year being in a security setting
- Must have language skills to read and interpret documents such as security logs, post orders, and other security correspondence. In addition, must be able to communicate to another effectively verbally in the English language to direct, control, and/or assist in the event of a crisis.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Ability to identify a problem, apply security training and procedures and execute said procedures.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Employees work inside of a Monitoring and Response Center that is relatively quiet with dim lighting.
- Employees are required to sit for long periods of time, respond to event-driven alarms for their entire shift and control a mouse and keyboard. Being that the core job duty is to view cameras for the entire shift, employees must always be alert. No accommodations will be made for an employee who is unable to stay awake whether due to a medical condition or medication.