Maintenance Manager - TelecomLombard, Illinois Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2023-1029291
When you join the Allied Universal® Technology Services, you are joining one of the fastest growing security systems integrators in North America. Build your career within a fast-paced, dynamic, and diverse environment that combines leading-edge technology solutions - electronic access control, video surveillance, alarm monitoring, emergency communications, robotics, drones, and other smart tech innovative solutions - with physical security solutions to safeguard our clients and our communities. We offer an array of opportunities - service technician jobs, installation technician jobs, security installation jobs, engineers, and project manager jobs to name a few. Start your career with us today! We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401(k), employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for most full-time positions!
Allied Universal® is looking to hire a Maintenance Manager - Telecom. The Maintenance Manager will represent the company at meetings, is the customer interface on any maintenance related items and any contacts with state and local One-Call agencies. Will effectively schedule the preventative maintenance and route protection work and assign tasks to team members based on team member’s skills, competencies, and experience to meet or exceed the assigned tasking and provide professional development.
- Interpret architectural, engineering, utility right-of-way and grid maps, and underground utility records. Understands underground utilities, specifically telecommunication and electrical facilities
- Represent the company at meetings and is the customer interface on any maintenance related items and any contacts with state and local One-Call agencies
- Provide guidance and proper instructions to maintenance personnel for planning and scheduling of maintenance activities; ensure documentation is properly prepared for subsequent turnover to the owner
- Maintain supervision over requisitioning of materials and equipment to remain within budget constraints and meet customer requirements
- Participate in the One–Call process and locating to support the requirements of the project contract; coordinate team effort and communicate the required activities effectively to direct reports
- Ensure that the policies, procedures, standards, and goals of the organization are implemented and direct the execution of all aspects of maintenance of underground facilities with those in mind
- Maintain an understanding of electrical and mechanical workings of plant and facility elements including housekeeping alarms, HVAC units, generators, DC power plant automatic transfer switches and fire suppression units
- Selection and placement of direct reports; professional development of Technician team members
- Must possess one or more of the following
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of seven (7) years of maintenance experience
- Associate’s degree in civil, mechanical, electrical, or construction engineering with a minimum of five (5) years of maintenance experience
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, mechanical, electrical, or construction engineering
- Minimum of three (3) of progressively more responsible maintenance experience
- Hands-on electrical or mechanical knowledge, locating, field engineering, management responsibility and/or project oversight responsibility
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.