K-9 OfficerMilpitas, California Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2023-1091687
MSA Security®, An Allied Universal® Company, is a leading global provider of high consequence threat solutions. We offer customized and innovative security solutions developed and executed by a team of experienced professionals. We deploy more than 800 Canine Detection Teams nationwide to mitigate the explosive and active shooter threats. Our patented SmartTech® solution provides instant, remote X-ray screener support from FBI-trained bomb technicians. At MSA Security, we take pride in hiring professionals with diverse backgrounds in law enforcement and military service. Start your phenomenal career with us today! We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, retirement plan, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for most full-time positions!
Hourly Pay Rate: $33.21
Required for this position one of these qualifications, military, law enforcement or corrections.
Allied Universal is currently seeking a K-9 Officer for the K-9 Services Division. The position is accountable for the delivery of K-9 Services for assigned sites. It is responsible and accountable for assigned deployments and established patrols, and the care, custody and control of a company-owned canine, to include but not limited to, proper housing and transportation standards. The position must maintain K-9 Team training standards (as established by Allied Universal), training coordination/administration, tracking K-9 team financials, and vehicle maintenance records.
- Deploy and patrol with K-9 at assigned work sites
- Conduct routine and prescribed searches utilizing the K-9
- Maintain K-9 Team training standards
- Administrative duties, such as but not limited to, cost tracking, accident/incident reports, daily activity logs, training logs, and vehicle maintenance logs
- Maintain an expansive and contemporary knowledge in K-9 tactics
- Liaison with clients, senior corporate staff and Allied Universal field management
- Develop and deliver K-9 demonstrations to new clients and the general public
- National travel as necessary
- Maintain K-9 team certifications as required by Allied Universal
- Prior experience in dual purpose (patrol/detection) K-9 handling desired
- Prior Law Enforcement (local, state or federal) or prior military experience required
- Licensing requirements are subject to state and/or local laws and regulations and may be required prior to employment
- A combination of formal education, training, and skills possessed by an individual with related coursework and practical work experience in security, military and/or the law enforcement industry necessary
- Ability to travel as required
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines. Must be highly organized and able to keep executive on track with required information available at all times.
- Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology including PDAs, Nextel phones/pagers, mail merges, Access databases, Outlook and Internet applications.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.
Employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Supplemental health (accident, critical illness, and hospital)
- Legal plan
- Employee Discount, Employee Assistance, Recognition and Rewards and Tuition Discount Programs
- Annually – vacation accrued at 1 hr. per 25 hours worked
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.