Environmental Health and Safety CoordinatorMountain View, California Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-754183
Allied Universal® Executive Protection and Intelligence Services , North America’s leading specialized protection company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve.
The Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Coordinator is responsible for supporting the implementation and monitoring of environmental health and safety policies, procedures and best practices. This position requires constant presence within facilities to ensure best safety practices are being implemented. The EH&S Coordinator partners with the internal and external stakeholders to create and maintain a safe workplace and will provide support and leadership for a wide range of EH&S services.
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of EH&S regulations and federal, state and local regulatory requirements including OSHA, DOT and EPA.
- Assisting in organizing, monitoring and reporting on various programs, such as Emergency Response Program, Injury and Illness Prevention Program and Global Regulatory Compliance.
- Becoming an active member of the on-site Employee Emergency Response Team (EERT) and support tracking of EERT membership/meetings and supplies for all client locations.
- Identify, assess and monitor workplace hazards – including but not limited to, chemical, physical and biological – that could be present in the work area.
- Recommending improvements to minimize hazard potential and work with area personnel to find reasonable methods to implement improvements.
- Conducting regular audits and job hazard analysis to identify facility and jobsite hazards and risks to prevent injuries, spills or other health and safety impacts and to ensure compliance with customer-specific safety and environmental standards and government regulations.
- Assisting with accident and incident investigation to identify the root cause and prevent reoccurrence.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of corrections to remedy incidents.
- Managing and assisting with coordination, development and delivery of EH&S related training and education programs for employees either virtually or in person.
- Training and assisting Account Managers, EERT members, Safety Committee and others to complete audits, behavior-based safety reviews, team meetings, etc.
- Arranging and planning drills and training for improvement of EERT/Safety Committee.
- Coordinating with HR regarding the management of worker’s compensation cases.
- Reviewing EH&S reports and documentation to ensure accuracy and completion.
- Assisting in developing and implementing written environmental, health and safety programs, tools and materials.
- Maintaining positive relationships with EH&S regulatory agencies, managing permits, regulatory inspections and incident reporting.
- Partnering with various site departments, including Facilities and Human Resources.
- Supporting corporate EH&S initiatives, including EH&S metrics reporting and audits.
- Recommending approaches to create safer processes and continuous improvements.
- Make emergency notifications as necessary pursuant to the Standard Operating Guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree – ideally in a safety and health, engineering or science-related area) coupled with a minimum of 1-year Health and Safety experience.
- Ability to meet and maintain any applicable State licensing or certification requirements.
- Minimum of 1 years of occupational safety/health degree or equivalent combinations of training and related experience
- The ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects/programs simultaneously and work well with all levels of the organization are also essential.
- Must be able to speak in public and lead health and safety training.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and project management skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to serve as a positive team member.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy and ability to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.