GSOC Shift SupervisorMountain View, California Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-796842
Allied Universal® Executive Protection and Intelligence Services , North America’s leading specialized protection company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve.
Allied Universal is seeking a results-driven, highly motivated GSOC Shift Supervisor to support our client in Mountain View, CA. As a Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Shift Supervisor, you will supervise GSOC Operators as well as monitor all phone, radio and alarm traffic as we as support the security team.
The GSOC Shift Supervisor will help to continually identify, evaluate and monitor enterprise risks that could affect business activities and provide business leaders the information they need to make critical decisions. You'll collaborate with cross-functional teams to create innovative strategies and develop best in class programs that drive sustainable effectiveness.
To be successful in this role applicants must possess the ability to interact with all levels of corporation management, liaison internally and externally with a multitude of other departments and personnel. Strong oral communication and representational skills are required.
- Supervise and development of direct reports
- Comply with and facilitate the conduct of the daily routine in the GSOC.
- Monitor alarms and dispatch security when needed
- Work with officers in the field to solve customer problems
- Assist customers over the phone
- Provide badge process support
- Design and review global risk assessments
- Analyze intelligence, geo-political frameworks and social media monitoring
- Ensure the GSOC functions as the hub for monitoring, analysis and interpretation of risks and threats that may affect global business
- Perform analysis, planning and provide direction in support of the protection of people, assets/intellectual property of client’s global business infrastructure
- Process an evaluate information received from all available sources, and respond with the appropriate communication and dispatch procedures
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- At least 1 year of experience in emergency dispatch or crisis intervention services
- At least 1 year in a supervisor or management role
- Must be well versed in current technologies and open source search methodologies.
- Competence with MS Office Suite and other database systems.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to effectively and confidently disseminate information to individuals, groups, peers, clients, executives and stakeholders.
- Must be able to quickly adapt and excel in dynamic situations.
- Prepare written reports of incidents in the proper format and with correct grammar and spelling.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor during stressful situations.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks:
$32.45 per hour
No phone calls. Please allow 7-10 business days for applicant feedback.
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.