JanitorMuscatine, Iowa Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2023-1094219
Allied Universal® Janitorial Services is uniquely capable and personally committed to delivering exceptional janitorial services. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, retirement plan, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for most full-time positions!
We pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture.
The Janitor position is responsible for performing all-purpose cleaning and preservation of assigned area inside a particular building or multiple client sites. Exact tasks of janitorial crew are not definite, consequently, must be flexible in performing assigned duties per client’s specifications.
Hourly pay rate: $13.00
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Empty and clean all waste container. Remove waste paper and garbage from the premises to selected area; damp wipe containers.
- Empty and clean all ash trays, monitor all sand urns supply and restore sand as required.
- Dust all image frames, charts, graphs and wall hangings
- Damp dust all ceiling and air condition diffusers, partition grilles, register and other ventilating louvers
- Vacuum all mats and carpeted areas in workplace, lobbies, and corridors.
- Hand dust and clean all office furnishings, files, fixtures, paneling, window sills and all other flat surfaces
- Wipe clean and buff all mental hardware fixtures and added bright work
- Appropriately clean and police tile floor services as required.
- Damp wipe and buff all glass furnishings
- Clean entry door glass indoors and outer surface
- Remove all stains from vertical surfaces such as doors, door frames, and around light switches, private entry glass and dividers
- Wash, clean and sterilize all water coolers
- Sweep private stairways, and vacuum if carpeted
- Clean building floors, by sweeping and mopping
- Clean and sanitize, and restock supplies in bathrooms
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to follow written and oral directions
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in a janitorial type position.
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.