Scheduling RepresentativeNew York, New York Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2023-1091361
MSA Security®, An Allied Universal® Company, is a leading global provider of high consequence threat solutions. We offer customized and innovative security solutions developed and executed by a team of experienced professionals. We deploy more than 800 Canine Detection Teams nationwide to mitigate the explosive and active shooter threats. Our patented SmartTech® solution provides instant, remote X-ray screener support from FBI-trained bomb technicians. At MSA Security, we take pride in hiring professionals with diverse backgrounds in law enforcement and military service. Start your phenomenal career with us today! We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, retirement plan, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for most full-time positions!
Position is onsite at our headquarters in NYC.
MSA Security®, An Allied Universal® Company, is hiring a Scheduling Representative.The Scheduling Representative will be responsible for all Scheduling and Administrative duties for their assigned clients. This individual will report to the Scheduling Manager. This position will also act as liaison for all other departments relevant to the scheduling and operations functions. This individual will also use advanced knowledge of the scheduling function to enhance the administrative aspects of the scheduling and operations functions. This individual will be responsible for the coordination and communication between our front-line employees, the client and MSA management. The Scheduling and Operations Specialist will ensure that each shift and post is covered and will be prepared with contingency plans when we have exceptions. Due to complex nature of the role of Scheduling Representative, the incumbent must understand each post, the location of the post, the credentials needed to work at that post, and then have a facile knowledge of all of the Handlers/Operatives working within their region and know who has what credentials, who is available, where he/she is currently working, if they would be able to work an additional post, how long it would take to travel to there, if the amount of sniff time of the dog is within TSA limits, etc.
- Plan and communicate the weekly shifts to cover all posts in the assigned region
- Communicate and coordinate with management and our front-line employees to make adjustments when necessary due to changes in the schedule (client requests, call-outs, etc.)
- Use independent to determine optimal employee placement based on client needs; receive emergency service requests and negotiate with customer regarding service level and qualifications of personnel for assignment
- Maintain Scheduling database to ensure accurate information on the daily schedule is posted
- Collaborate with Human Resources on matters including but not limited to personnel information, incident tracking, and disciplinary action
- Address tardiness of employees and coordinating disciplinary actions with the relevant supervisors
- Address daily call outs and locate replacements for the shifts
- Coordinate daily schedule adjustments in a timely fashion
- Clear all “exceptions” to the schedule on a daily basis to ensure the weekly payroll records are correct by calling handlers/operatives, verifying data, etc., and documenting steps taken
- Collaborate with employees involved from both scheduling and additional departments to increase capabilities, resolve billing issues, satisfy customer complaints, etc.
- Enter employees/shifts into database with goal of having little to no overtime; manage overtime, non-billable, etc. so that it is explainable
- Work with Sales Department to determine ability to support prospective client requests; creatively find solutions without “adding more resources” being the only answer
- Provide input on staffing and recruitment needs, focused on specific areas, times, clients, etc. Build a case where and why additions to staff are needed using metrics, trends, etc.
- Primary contact for all assigned client sites as it pertains to Scheduling
- Maintain contact with field employees to ensure timely arrival, answering of post questions, and any additional information.
- Enter employees, hours and shifts into Scheduling database; maintain integrity of data, make corrections as necessary
- Recognize each post, the credentials required for each post, the handlers and/or operatives and the credentials each have, and be able to achieve maximum staffing levels with minimum overtime each and every week, regardless of additional requests made by clients, etc.
- Manage requests for PTO, military drills, illness, bereavement, etc. such that all posts are filled, schedules are published at least 2 weeks in advance, OT in minimized, non-billable is at a minimum, and employees receive an equitable distribution of the hours available; be willing to have work audited at a later date and be able to explain rationale why decisions were made
- Cooperate with any and all requests for information when dealing with discrepancies or questions by internal departments or 3rd parties; be able to explain thinking and rationale
- Drive/Manage all “heavy” weekends – shift resources around (as possible), identify possible solutions to shortages, implement staffing schemes that will achieve desired outcomes
- Track phone calls and make scheduling changes as they are received
- Schedule required monthly, quarterly, and annual training for field employees, minimizing overtime, the need for bringing in support from other regions, and/or missing posts
- Be proficient with all forms of communication to include emails, phone calls and text messages to effectively communicate with employees regarding scheduling
- Communicate professionally, clearly, and succinctly with clients to better understand their needs, negotiate changes, and clarify understanding
- Correspond with calls and emails from employees regarding their availability; maintain professional demeanor at all times; be willing to be assessed by the quality of those communications
- Track employee cancellation and refusals for accepting posts
- Maintain employee vacation schedules with updates to the Scheduling Manager
- Maintain telephone contact with clients as necessary
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in a complex staffing environment or managing the scheduling function of a large security operation
- Ability to make fast scheduling decisions as changes and adjustments occur
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with others; build strong working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions quickly; to reprioritize importance of issues and to resolve issues in order of importance
- Ability to follow up and work independently
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to create and analyze reports as necessary required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; manages stress well and can succeed despite multiple challenges being on one’s plate at once
- Analytical skills, ability to tie numbers together and identify anomalies
- Prior experience scheduling a dispersed workforce
- Prior experience working with Explosive Detection Canine Handlers and/or knowledge of the region and client sites
- Knowledge scheduling software
- College degree in Business, Security Management
Pay $57,000 - $62,000 per year
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.