HR Coordinator Charleston (Entry Level)North Charleston, South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina Position Type Full Time Shift Type Afternoon,Morning Req ID: 2021-665327 Work Days Available Friday,Monday,Thursday,Tuesday,Wednesday
The JanitorialHR Coordinator is the primary contact for branch management for all general human resources questions, benefit issues, orientation, resolution of payroll discrepancies and interpretation of human resources policies and procedures. Under direction of the Branch Manager with a dotted line to the Human Resources Manager/Director, this hands-on position is responsible for branch-level human resources administration. Also supports the Regional Vice President, Service/Division Managers and Operations Managers.
This is an entry level position in Human Resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provides day to day general Human Resource support to branch employees and branch management staff, elevating questions and issues to appropriate corporate level R. team as needed.
- Conducts new employee orientation sessions, including application state required guard license training, Livescan fingerprinting, guard card processing, and all new hire paperwork processing.
- Creates and maintains employee personnel, medical, and benefit files; maintains branch I-9 files in accordance with company policies and legal
- Assists Corporate Human Resources with the annual open enrollment process; provides first-line answers to benefit related questions, or working with Corporate benefits to identify answers for employees as
- Oversees administration of company uniform program, including sizing, issuance of uniforms, timely return of uniforms, assistance with replacements, and maintaining all paper and electronic files associated with the program
- Assists with the workers’ compensation claims management, issuing and obtaining claim paperwork, collecting statements, and coordinating with Corporate Human Resources on doctor’s notes and return to work programs
- Receives initial notices from employees and supervisors for leave of absence requests/needs and coordinates with Corporate LOA department to provide initial information, and oversee flow of related paperwork
- Manages all employee WinTeam data entry, including new hire set up and personnel data Coordinates with Payroll to ensure changes are completed properly and responds to questions as needed
- Prepares and processes documents for employees; manages “No Hours” review and dispositioning of employees with assistance from Operations
- Receives inquiries from outside vendor on unemployment claims, utilizing online tools, to provide timely responses
- Processes weekly reports for Corporate HR
- Conducts HR audits on a monthly basis
- Coordinates employee relations programs under direction from Corporate Human Resources
- Assists with various administrative duties as assigned by the Branch management team, and Human Resources Director or Regional Vice President
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent Some college education or business classes desirable
- One to two years Human Resource experience preferred
- Must be Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Must possess the ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; research ability; and mathematical skills. Ability to clearly read, write and speak English required
- Proven excellent customer service skills and ability to be flexible, a team player and interface professionally with all levels of internal and external
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and computer data entry
- Excellent organizational skills; detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, team player