Explosive Detection Canine HandlerOakland, California Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2023-1090514
MSA Security®, An Allied Universal® Company, is a leading global provider of high consequence threat solutions. We offer customized and innovative security solutions developed and executed by a team of experienced professionals. We deploy more than 800 Canine Detection Teams nationwide to mitigate the explosive and active shooter threats. Our patented SmartTech® solution provides instant, remote X-ray screener support from FBI-trained bomb technicians. At MSA Security, we take pride in hiring professionals with diverse backgrounds in law enforcement and military service. Start your phenomenal career with us today! We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, retirement plan, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for most full-time positions!
Hourly Pay Rate: $36.50
Required for this position one of these qualifications, military, law enforcement or corrections.
MSA Security®, An Allied Universal® Company, is hiring a Explosive Detection Canine Handler.The Explosive Detection Canine Handler partners with a trained Explosive Detection Canine to conduct searches in/at assigned client sites, including corporate buildings, loading docks, delivery vehicles, open areas and/or other situations as needed.
Explosive Detection Canine will reside with you in your home when not working with you on assignment. This position pays a competitive hourly rate plus a monthly stipend to care for the EDC.
- Partner with a trained Explosive Detection Canine to conduct searches in/at assigned client sites, including corporate buildings, loading docks, delivery vehicles, open areas and/or other situations as needed
- Assist and liaise effectively with the client’s security manager, law enforcement agencies, security personnel, and local partners or their representatives in the execution of the security protocols as agreed to and described in the specific post orders for each post
- Properly train the Explosive Detection Canine, in accordance with Company policy, each day and ensuring their safety and well-being
- Adhere to all regulatory or other protocols, including the use of any required technology
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Licensing requirements are subject to state and/or local laws and regulations and may be required prior to employment
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Service in any military branch (including Guard and Reserve)
- Law enforcement role, with a completed accredited Law Enforcement Academy (Municipal/State/Federal)
- Municipal or federal correctional officer, including attending a full-time accredited LE/Corrections Academy (must have enforcement responsibilities)
- Possess adequate living environment to allow for the proper exercise and training of the canine
- Have access to reliable transportation sufficient to allow the safe transportation of the canine to and from work
- Willingness and ability to be available for incident/emergency response duty, standby duty, and client demonstrations, which includes various days and hours
- Service in Military Occupational Specialty related to law enforcement, security (such as Military Police, Elite Military Forces, combat arms) or any support role in a Combat Zone
- Prior civilian or military K9 handler experience
- Completion of a full military handler course
- Bachelor’s degree in law enforcement or criminal justice related studies
- A minimum of 8 or more years of service in any military branch
- Employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Supplemental health (accident, critical illness and hospital)
- Legal plan
- Employee Discount, Employee Assistance, Recognition and Rewards and Tuition Discount Programs
- Annually – vacation accrued at 1 hr. per 25 hours worked
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.