Receptionist - High Volume CallsPalm Desert, California Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-854813
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Allied Universal is currently seeking a Receptionist at our local branch office to oversee front desk operations that will include answering and responding to incoming calls, greeting and directing visitors and general administrative duties for branch staff.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain front desk phone system to include answering incoming calls, responding to caller inquiries, directing calls as appropriate, and taking and giving accurate messages;
- Greet and direct visitors as appropriate based on purpose of their visit;
- Assist candidates with employment applications and other pre-employment paperwork as required or needed;
- Assist with personnel file maintenance following corporate HR guidelines;
- Assist with WinTeam data entry and file maintenance as directed by Human Resource staff;
- Assist with guard card license reporting processes for new hires and perform weekly guard card audit reports as directed by Human Resource staff;
- Maintain office supplies and organization of office in general;
- May assist Human Resource Coordinator to maintain uniform program, including measuring and ordering initial uniforms, tracking issuance to existing personnel, collection of uniforms, and request for issuance of uniform refunds;
- Assist with various administrative duties as assigned by the Branch Manager or Branch Staff.
Qualified candidates for the Receptionist position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required. 3-4 years of prior receptionist and/or Human Resources or related experience required;
- Proven excellent customer service skills and ability to be flexible, a team player and interface professionally with all levels of internal and external customers;
- Demonstrated outstanding organizational skills required; ability to accurately maintain and organize large volumes of paperwork;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office products, Internet and websites required; prior experience using HRIS automated systems a strong plus.
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.