Executive Protection AgentPortland, Oregon Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2023-943392
Allied Universal® Executive Protection and Intelligence Services, North America’s leading specialized protection company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve.
The Executive Protection Agent is primarily responsible for the safety and welfare of their designated principal(s). this includes all aspects of close protection as well as taking every reasonable opportunity to provide services in a way that makes them feel safe, happy and productive. This position will be Monday through Friday, 8-hour shifts with some after-hours and weekend shift possible.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Understanding and maintaining appropriate professional boundaries and relationships with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrating excellent team-ability (collaboration, communication, cooperation, etc.) in a cross-functional work environment.
- Communicating (written and verbal) in a clear and concise manner using assigned equipment (i.e., cellular phone, computer, etc.) with all stakeholders.
- Gathering and assessing information (sometimes under duress) while exercising sound judgement and reasoning in the decision-making process, and escalating issues appropriately to appropriate stakeholders.
- Multi-tasking, prioritizing and completing tasks in an organized, efficient and effective manner.
- Safeguarding and maintaining highly sensitive and confidential information of Allied Universal Executive Protection & Intelligence Services, the client and/or principal.
- Safeguarding individuals and property from all forms of security and safety hazards.
- Operating company and/or client vehicles in a safe and legal manner.
- Traveling (domestically and internationally) in support of protective operations.
- Conducting advances and documenting them for dissemination to stakeholders.
- Being physically and mentally capable of utilizing legal and appropriate physical response options.
- Responding to alarms/fire/panic calls immediately and promptly securing the safety and security of human life and physical property.
- Communicating with first responders and stakeholders to coordinate and provide support in the event of an emergency.
- Providing appropriate medical treatment as necessary.
- Conducting thorough investigations and preparing written documentation regarding non-routine incidents with reports, pictures and witness statements.
- Successfully completing annual and sustainment training requirements.
- The ability to work irregular or extended hours with an ever-changing schedule. Typical schedules include overtime, nights, holidays and weekends on a regular basis.
- Maintaining a professional and/or appropriate personal appearance.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Relevant security and/or close protection experience to include government, law enforcement, military and/or private security.
- A strong base knowledge of all facets of protective operations
- Strong written and verbal communications and emotional intelligence skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, etc.)
- Valid Oregon driver’s license or ability to obtain once within 30 days of hire
- The ability to obtain a Passport for international travel
- Clean driving record
- CPR/AED certification (American Red Cross or American Heart Association) Adult & Infant
- The ability to obtain required state security guard licensing (Oregon Armed Private Security Professional certification), certifications and permits for their regular work location(s) within 30 days of employment
- The ability to legally possess a firearm
- Previous Task Force, SWAT, SRT, Military Special Operations and High Threat Security Operations experience is preferred
- Medical experience and/ or training is preferred
- Executive Protection training is highly desired
Compensation, Benefits & Perks:
$45 per hour
Allied Universal® Executive Protection and Intelligence Services offers industry leading benefits, which are available to all full-time employees:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Free employee life insurance
- Employee assistance programs
- Paid holidays and flexible PTO (Paid Time Off accrual program)
- Annual Sick and Personal days
- Great company culture and work/life balance
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.