Regional HR RepresentativePortland, Oregon Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-868165
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Allied Universal is currently seeking a Regional HR Representative. If you are a dynamic individual with a passion for service excellence and would like to be an integral part of our success, please consider joining our team. This person will be responsible for managing all employee and labor relations for a defined client group (branch locations/divisions), by partnering with branch management on all human resource related activities
$57,000 - $59,000 / year
Additionally, offering includes bonus eligibility + automobile allowance + gas card + rich benefits + 401(k) with company match + growth opportunity + and so much more...
- Reporting into Corporate Human Resources on a solid-line basis, but dotted-line to regional branch operations staff to provide day to day HR oversight and support in assigned geographic region;
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, while identifying solutions to daily operations challenges and needs;
- Partner with branch HR Coordinators, Branch/General Managers, Regional Vice Presidents, and Division Presidents in an assigned region and recommend, develop, interpret and clarify human resource procedures and policies to ensure compliance with employment-related laws and regulations;
- Act as a liaison with various corporate HR functions (i.e., Benefits, work comp administration, recruiting), to ensure timely flow of information and execution of branch/regional priorities;
- Act as a liaison between branch management/staff and Regional HR Director to ensure priorities and activities are discussed and consistent application of policies and procedures are enforced;
- Prepare accurate new employee personnel records, files, drug and alcohol screening and background investigation results and ensure compliance with all state and federal laws;
- Assist branch HR Coordinators with conducting employee new hire orientations and on-boarding for large account takeovers as needed;
- Conduct local on-boarding process for Administrative employees hired in region;
- Research and conduct employee investigations and develops solutions to complex issues in coordination with Regional HR Director and in compliance with corporate guidelines.
Qualified candidates for the Regional HR Representative position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- Must have a car and be able to travel as required;
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related area of study highly preferred;
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years experience in the human resources field, with specific experience managing and successfully resolving complex employee and/or labor relations situations in a fast-paced, high volume environment required;
- Specific related experience managing the receipt, investigation, documentation, resolution and communication of employee relations cases of a complex and varied nature in a high turnover, entry-level wage, non-exempt employee environment as well as for managerial level employees; includes policy interpretation and ability to consistently apply policies and practices to ensure equity within assigned client group and organizationally;
- Proven experience turning goals into action by creating and executing strategies and plans to achieve objectives; must be goal-oriented with demonstrated ability to interact successfully in unfamiliar or new environments to accomplish hiring goals;
- Energetic, driven personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines;
- Must be able to work independently and be self-directed, but also take direction from all levels of managers within the assigned region, which may result in having to re-prioritize work activities on a regular basis;
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications; effective use of technology to create meaningful reports and measurements required;
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion;
and have a reliable vehicle for regular driving between branches within assigned region;
- Must have the flexibility and ability to travel periodically/regularly, depending on company needs, with some overnight travel required;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.