Director of Operations (Emergency Response Division)Richardson, Texas Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-902453
Allied Universal® Risk Advisory and Consulting Services, North America’s leading security risk consulting, investigations, intelligence and threat, disaster and emergency response company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve.
The Director of Operations is responsible for leading the ROC & ERC Team for monitoring and response, emergency dispatching and incident report and analysis. This role established, maintains and reviews schedules for all ROC & ERC services; matches available officers and/or subcontractors to post; distributes schedules; coordinates with appropriate supervisor and management staff to contact and redeploy staff to fill call-offs; coordinates response to schedule changes and client requests; verifies that schedules are maintained in real-time and validates that contractually stipulated officer requirements are met, and posts are filled with qualified personnel at proper pay/bill ratios. Must also coordinate efforts to input information into automated resource system and take and log calls from sites.
- Manage a team of operators to ensure all client requests are secured and processed per standard protocol and meet the expectations outlined below.
- Maintain site coverage at all times; track requests to ensure site coverage; respond to emergency situations, call-offs and absences to ensure that client sites have coverage; acts as a call-in center for remote posts.
- Ensure that accurate timekeeping, payroll and billing data is posted in automated payroll and billing systems; verify billing and payroll reports and ensure that responsible supervisors or managers correct discrepancies; interface with accounts receivable and payroll departments to make corrections as necessary.
- Hold margins at or above 23% and payroll/billing accuracy to 98% or better in accordance with company standards. Track and report margin and current payroll/billing accuracy to Senior Management on a weekly basis.
- Maintain current knowledge of client contracts and requirements.
- Provide phone and email monitoring for emergency security related services.
- Dispatching of unarmed, armed and Law Enforcement officers throughout the country in emergency situations.
- Responsible for completing and maintaining documentation on requests from the beginning of the request from a client through the end of the process which includes providing pertinent information to our accounting staff for pay and bill purposes.
- Coordinate scheduling changes with Operations Managers, Off-Duty Officers and Subcontractors as well as serve as a liaison in resolving scheduling, training, billing and payroll challenges.
- Coordinates the removal of subcontractors from posts based on client complaints, attendance problems or other performance issues; advises management of any staffing problems that may arise.
Associates degree (preferred) and 5 years of related experience, with at least 2 years in an emergency response role, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Minimum of 3 years of management experience.
- Understanding of security operations
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mathematical concepts including computation of rates, ratios, percentages, averages and reconciliation.
- Ability to understand and provide instructions in written, oral, diagrammatic or schedule form.
- Ability to use personal computers and office productivity software.
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks:
Salary starting at $68,700 based on experience.
Allied Universal offers industry leading benefits, which are available to all full-time employees:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Free employee life insurance
- Employee assistance programs
- Paid holidays and flexible PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Great company culture and work/life balance
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.